HR & Admin Coordinator - Quester Tangent
HR & Admin Coordinator - Quester Tangent
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like the opportunity to impact the culture of your organization? Are you motivated by continuous improvement and working on new projects?
We are adding to our team! Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like the opportunity to impact the culture of your organization? Are you motivated by continuous improvement and working on new projects?
The HR / Admin Coordinator will be the primary department contact for employee requests and enquiries. They will work alongside our HR Manager to support a wide scope of HR duties and also provide backup support for our Administrative team.
HR Support (80%)
- Support the building of the HR function at Quester Tangent
- Champion inclusive HR practices to drive employee engagement and retention
- Create / promote opportunities for social interaction and build an inclusive culture
- Provide full cycle recruitment using a values-based approach Admin Support (20%)
Provide backup for:
- Semi-monthly payroll – preparation, processing and reporting
- Accounts Payable: process supplier invoices and prepare cheque runs and electronic payments (occasional)
- Employee building access and security
How you will spend your day:
- Support the recruiting process from posting of jobs, gathering applicant information and working with hiring managers to schedule interviews
- Coordinate the interview process and communicate with the applicant for any pre-screening tests
- Conduct reference checks as appropriate
- Prepare offer letters and new hire packages, schedule and deliver orientation and coordinate onboarding process through completion
- Create and maintain employee files through the full employee lifecycle including changes to employee information, payroll and benefits, and training records
- Provide benefit administration support – registration, employee changes, termination, etc.
- Promote relevant benefit information for staff awareness and reference
- Monitor and update the organizational chart on SharePoint
- Maintain the Careers Page on our corporate website
- Prepare key HR metrics for management presentations
- Assist HR Manager with updates to policies, procedures, workflows and handbooks
- Complete HR projects as assigned
- Participate in the Social Committee
- Support all employee engagement activities and planning for staff events
- Support communication efforts with new hire introductions and changes in staff responsibilities.
- Assist Office Manager by coordinating administrative needs at a corporate level
- Organize company meetings and corporate events
- Coordinate social events, charitable fundraising activities and local team events
- Manage administrative supplies and corporate records
- Prepare and/or present HR/Admin information at company/staff meetings
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Able to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Able to work autonomously and be a self-starter
- Diploma or Degree in relevant discipline such as Business, Administration or Human Resources
- Three years of Administrative experience
- Three years of generalist Human Resources experience
- Two years of experience with HRIS systems
- Knowledge of accounting / bookkeeping at a practical level
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- High level proficiency with MS Office
- Strong administrative and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Quester Tangent is an established and growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train electronics and software solutions used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals. We believe that diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
In support of a healthy work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, paid personal days, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
Apply to: email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level