Human Resources Manager - JEA Pension System Solutions
Human Resources Manager - JEA Pension System Solutions
JEA is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to lead all aspects of the company’s human resources (HR) function
James Evans and Associates, Ltd. (JEA) is a Victoria-based company that has been doing business in Canada and the United States for over 40 years. We have an excellent, well-established reputation in the Canadian and US pension industry. JEA offers SaaS and on-premises pension system administration solutions, along with pension system consulting services to a variety of clients with a diversity of needs. With over 40 years of history, JEA has proven we are both adaptable and reliable and that, above all, we strive to form true partnerships with our clients, ensuring that we develop, implement, and support the "best in class" pension solutions for their organizations and members. JEA has approximately 100 employees and has offices in Victoria, BC, and Winnipeg, MB, as well as remote workers across Canada.
JEA is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to lead all aspects of the company’s human resources (HR) function. The HR Manager will develop and implement the company’s HR policies, employee training and development programs, mentorship program, recruitment activities, and overall compensation and benefits strategy.
If you are looking to work for a reputable and established company that has a collaborative and supportive work culture, we invite you to apply and become part of our team. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and lead JEA’s HR programs in support of the company’s ambitious growth plans.
This position will be reporting to the VP, Finance & Administration. There are no direct reports at this time.
- Lead all human resources activities, including recruitment and onboarding, training and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, and employee relations.
- Manage JEA’s HR policies and programs, review and update related company policy documents, such as the Employee Handbook, to meet the company’s objectives and to comply with regulatory standards.
- Lead the performance management process, including providing support and training to managers and employees to improve the effectiveness of goal setting, performance appraisals, and employee development plans.
- Assist in maintaining a skills inventory and up-to-date job descriptions for all staff.
- Develop strategies to attract and engage team members and enhance the company’s culture in a hybrid remote-work environment.
- Advise management on employee and labour practices in accordance with industry best practices and provincial employment standards.
- Assist management with identifying staffing and recruiting needs and lead the recruitment process, including job postings, applicant screening, interviewing, preparing offers, and onboarding.
- Collaborate with managers to develop and deliver employee training and mentorship programs.
- Assist managers with developing performance improvement plans and carrying out disciplinary action or terminations as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in human resources, talent management, and employment law and apply this knowledge to improve JEA’s HR programs.
- Coordinate with external legal advisors on employment matters as needed.
- Perform other related duties and manage special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPHR or SHRM-SCP are an asset
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience and 5 years of HR leadership experience.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance as a condition of employment; this includes having lived continuously in Canada for at least the last five (5) years, i.e., since April 2018
- Must be willing to occasionally work outside normal work schedule to achieve deadlines
- Must be able to work remotely or within a hybrid work environment
- Must be willing to travel as necessary
Skills and abilities:
- Strategic mindset and proven ability to be creative when finding solutions to problems
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience supporting a virtual/remote employee population
- Software industry experience is a plus
- Our Victoria office is located at the Vancouver Island Tech Park, which includes a gym, a disc golf course, easy dining-out options, a bike locker, and lots of walking trails.
- Our Winnipeg office is located downtown in the middle of the Sports, Hospitality and Entertainment District, one block from the Winnipeg Jets’ arena.
- Hybrid work (home and office).
- Flexible work hours.
- Casual dress.
- A company that’s committed to a work-life balance.
- Friendly, easy-to-get-along-with team where open dialog and knowledge-sharing is encouraged and promoted.
We encourage applicants from all over Canada to apply. Victoria or Winnipeg employees will be expected to work from the office 1-2 days per week. Remote employees would be expected to travel to Victoria once or twice per year.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
How to Apply
Please submit your application with your resume and cover letter to the VP, Finance & Administration, Brendan Meagher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level