Infrastructure & Security Architect
Infrastructure & Security Architect
Westerkirk Capital Inc.
We are an investment management firm operating in a specialized niche market. Given the private and confidential nature of the work, we do not maintain a company website. More information about the firm will be shared as we contact short-listed candidates.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (‘CIO’), the Infrastructure & Security Architect will develop and oversee the execution of an Enterprise Architecture Framework resulting in technology standardization across the Westerkirk Capital Inc. (‘WCI’) group of companies.
The Infrastructure & Security Architect will develop enterprise architectural standards and subsequently guide each company through implementation of said standards. The incumbent will also play a pivotal role in designing and implementing an enterprise security program that balances protecting each company’s most sensitive information assets while maintaining a positive end user experience.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CIO as well as technology and business leadership within the WCI group of companies to ensure the enterprise-wide technology platforms are designed to balance user experience and security, while at the same time enabling desired business outcomes.
• Develop, implement, and maintain an enterprise architecture and security program as well as a corresponding governance structure for the WCI group of companies; including, but not limited to:
o Maintaining all enterprise architecture and security program artifacts and standards (e.g., systems design, data flows, architectural diagrams, etc.) and ensuring each business maintains said artifacts and standards specific to its business.
o Promoting the use of shared applications and infrastructure to help realize cost and scale efficiencies while at the same time enhancing the appropriate flow of information.
o Ensuring a ‘Security by Design’ approach is incorporated into all architectural standards.
o Monitoring emergent threats and adjust the enterprise security approach to mitigate risk of these emergent threats.
o Developing an Incident Response process that be leveraged by all our businesses.
o Developing and delivering an information security awareness campaign and ongoing refresher training and ensuring timely completion of audits on security compliance.
o Assisting with the creation and subsequent execution of a vendor / service provider information security evaluation process.
o Developing and overseeing effective disaster recovery policies and procedures that align with the continuity goals of the business.
• Serve as an advisor to senior management on business and information integration opportunities.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies that could be implemented to create process improvements or other business efficiencies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years of Information Technology experience with 5+ years in a Senior IT Management role.
• Post-Secondary Degree in an IT related field as well as relevant certifications.
• Demonstrated experience in IT infrastructure systems / architecture and security as well as an ability to resolve complex technical IT / IS related issues.
• Process and technical knowledge in IT / IS storage, data management and network service delivery.
• Experience developing cloud-based architecture system for enterprise solutions.
• In-depth expertise in software, hardware, and systems engineering.
• A keen interest in monitoring latest trends and technologies with an eye to software, services or hardware that might improve business processes.
• Customer service orientation.
• Strong interpersonal skills including both written and oral communication.
• Ability to explain complicated technical challenges to non-technical individuals.
• Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Organizational, project and program management planning skills.
To apply, contact: email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level