Integration Engineer (Hybrid) - Quester Tangent
Integration Engineer (Hybrid) - Quester Tangent
Work on train control, monitoring and passenger information systems and their integration with other on-train subsystems
Join the Quester Tangent Team!
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world!
Additionally, this role includes an optional hybrid work plan that incorporates a mixture of in-office and remote work in an employee's schedule.
We’re looking for an Engineering or technologist graduate interested in being part of our product integration and engineering services team. You will work on train control, monitoring and passenger information systems and their integration with other on-train subsystems. You will work closely with in-house product development and production teams, external suppliers, and end customers to create reliable, well-documented systems.
The position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. The incumbent with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to meet their abilities. An intermediate level incumbent will receive the time and mentoring necessary to fully develop into the role. Salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field.
How you will spend your time:
- Creating system designs and interface specifications for on-train and control centre equipment, resulting in solutions based on Quester Tangent and third-party products
- Understanding the user experience for Quester Tangent solutions delivered to customers, and providing feedback to development teams about product enhancements and defects
- Working with software and hardware developers to create simulators and test management tools as components of the product test infrastructure
- Working with external system suppliers to incorporate protocols and data specific to their equipment interfaces
- Performing interoperability testing of network-connected equipment in both laboratory and field settings.
- Preparing requirements, design, and test documentation to IEEE standards
- Communicating with customers and equipment suppliers about product specifications
- Troubleshooting hardware or software issues either through remote communication with the customer or directly hands with the equipment
- The ability to travel (when safe to do so) is a requirement of this position.
What you will need to succeed:
- Technologist diploma in electronics, computer sciences, or equivalent
- Range of experience with electronic equipment in a product development environment
- Detailed knowledge of software usage in Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding detailed behaviour of communication network protocols such as TCP/IP, Serial Communication in both wired and wireless configurations
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to travel and act as QT’s representative for integration testing at customer sites in North America and Asia.
- A WBC compliant work-from-home space
What we offer:
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
The salary will vary depending on your particular skillset and years of experience. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and are located outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and on a major bus route if you prefer public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers’ needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic. Additionally, this role includes an optional hybrid work plan that incorporates a mixture of in-office and remote work in an employee's schedule.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level