Are you interested in working on bleeding-edge Open Source Intelligence web applications and technologies?
Echosec Systems is looking for an Intermediate Backend Developer to join our Product Engineering team.
Echosec Systems is a fast growing security software company committed to making the world's data more discoverable. We gather publicly available data from a broad range of online sources like social media and the deep and dark web. We also build AI that helps make that data simple to search, filter, and monitor. Our clients use our products for security and intelligence purposes to keep people, places, and assets safe. We're trusted by some of the most significant public and private sector organizations globally to support their missions.
As part of the R&D team at Echosec, you will be responsible for delivering features alongside peers in an environment that prioritizes developer empowerment, peer feedback, code review, engineering-forward customer engagement and an emphasis on best practices.
You'll have opportunities to leverage your expertise while growing your career by playing a significant part in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our enterprise suite of products.
The team is based on a growth mindset. What does this look like in practice? We strive to support all members of the team in building the kind of career they're proud of. This means providing clear paths for professional development and advancement.
We value different perspectives and the opportunity to participate in an open culture of respect, learning, discovery, and innovation. We really love what we do, which we think is reflected in the quality of our work and our supportive team dynamic.
To learn more about us and what it's like to work at Echosec, visit our About and Careers pages.
Just some of the benefits of working with Echosec include:
- Remote-first culture with flexible hours
- A top notch benefits package including dental and extended health
- 4 weeks paid vacation starting year 1
- Supported professional development
- Paid parental leave
- A vibrant Downtown Victoria office space full of snacks, hot beverages and more
- Awesome team events (including but not limited to axe-throwing, go-karts & fishing trips)
- Develops the backend architecture for an enterprise SaaS web application
- Aligns forward-looking architecture and development with the product vision and strategy
- Secures the deployed SaaS web application against the OWASP V4 level 1 standard
- Defines and stays in adherence with Service Level Objectives and best practices as they relate to the deployment of the company's SaaS web application
- Rotates through stints with the Product team's support and bug triage unit
- Work on features and enhancements for a distributed, event-driven SaaS application in Laravel.
- Have a strong awareness of current technologies and understand when and how to use them
- Maintain a legacy codebase where needed
- Participate in timely and constructive code review
- Contribute to system integrity, developer experience, and knowledge sharing initiatives
- Uphold a team culture of high technical quality through your code contributions and engagement in technical discussions
- Action on the objectives of the R&D's core mission as defined by technical leads
- 3+ years working in software development
- Experience in PHP
- A good grasp of OOP design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of or experience working with Docker containers
- Experience with relational database management (Postgres) and Redis
- The ability to communicate and work well with others
- A passion for learning, working with others, and building team knowledge
- Background working with a PHP framework such as Laravel or Symfony
- Understanding of event-driven architecture
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu or Alpine)
- Experience working within Agile and Agile-like frameworks
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps)
- Knowledge of GIS technology
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog
To apply, submit your resume here.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level