Intermediate Business Systems Analyst
Intermediate Business Systems Analyst
BC Pension Corporation
We are seeking an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst, you will be a part of a high functioning team of IT professionals. You will be engaged in fast paced, challenging and exciting work, including projects that will shape the future of our work and support our journey towards becoming an insights-driven organization.
The Business Services branch is focusing on a number of key areas to contribute to Plan 20/30:
- Enhancing our employer digital services
- Elevating our member and employers service experience by increasing system reliability and capability
- Providing increased visibility into key organizational performance measures
- Digitizing workflow to increase operational efficiency
This role requires an analytical, forward thinking individual who is committed to working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and delivering on commitments. You will provide support and technical expertise in a variety of areas gaining the trust and confidence of your clients and your team.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, information systems or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Two years of recent experience providing business analysis in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Recent experience performing business analysis in the identification, formulation and validation of integrated business requirements or functional specifications for medium-large business operations and/or complex systems projects.
- Experience with developing database queries and/or developing advanced excel worksheets is preferred.
To learn more about the Intermediate Business Systems Analyst position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that related to the job requirements as listed above.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- Variety of work options (modified workweek, on campus work, or a hybrid of home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Temporary, Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level