Our goal at Kano is to build long-lasting player-centric gaming experiences.
We’re a small team where the code you write gets deployed fast. You’ll be responsible for development, testing, and code quality.
If you’re a developer and the idea of working collaboratively across creative, marketing, production, and live-ops teams sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!
While this position is open to remote work, international applicants will not be considered at this time. Priority will be given to applicants located in the province of British Columbia and Quebec.
Your background should include:
- Full-stack development experience
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Mobile game development experience (Unity preferred)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience using document databases (i.e. MongoDB)
- You have created applications serving thousands of people at a time
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook) and our latest release Idle Distiller (Top 100 Grossing Simulation game on Google play) we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
- 2021 Best Workplace™ in British Columbia
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada – Less than 100 employees
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Mental Wellness
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in British Columbia
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*
To learn more and apply, visit: https://kanoapps.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=89&source=aWQ9Ng%3D%3D
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level