Intermediate Developer - Assembly
Intermediate Developer - Assembly
As an Ad Operations Developer, you'll manage tech stack on owned and client websites effectively
Assembly (formerly a Redbrick company) is now proud to be part of St. Joseph Communications (SJC). SJC creates, publishes, and prints best-in-class content. SJC and Assembly are recognized as being the best at what they do, with a combined audience of over 35 million unique visitors per month.
SJC is Canada’s largest privately owned communications company. We partner with our clients to provide marketing solutions that inform, inspire, and empower audiences across every platform. As the owner and publisher of Canada’s most iconic portfolio of media brands—Maclean’s, Chatelaine, and Toronto Life to name a few—we provide incredible reach to an influential audience.
Assembly has been excelling in the digital publishing industry with innovative and award-winning technology that has turned traditional and digital media on its head. Since its inception, Assembly has experienced meteoric growth and now, as part of SJC, is positioned for the next phase of that growth.
As an Ad Operations Developer, you’ll be a key player in the implementation and management of our technology stack on owned and client websites. Using our proprietary experiment tools, you’ll work with our team to optimize each website to navigate the ever-changing landscape of advertisers. You’ll monitor performance by website, execute changes, and coordinate with partners as needed to ensure our operations run smoothly.
What does a day look like in my role?
As an Intermediate Developer, you'll be responsible for:
- Working with the Ad Operations Development team in the implementation of new features and quality assurance on new releases.
- Crafting and running data-driven experiments for the ongoing optimization of our monetization systems.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the performance and robustness of our various systems.
- Leveraging our proprietary and industry-standard tools to investigate and respond to market shifts and stakeholder requests.
- Researching trends in AdOps and technology, and using those insights to help guide our development plans.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders across a number of ongoing initiatives.
Within the first couple months, you will have:
- Made meaningful contributions to systems that are used by people around the world daily.
- Aided in revenue growth for a multi-million-dollar company.
- Participated in ad partner communications.
- An understanding of online traditional and programmatic advertising.
- Participated in Agile/Lean software development practices.
- Worked alongside amazing people.
What we would like to see in you:
- We are curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to make hard work fun. As an Ad Operations Technician with Assembly you’ll bring:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with online technology.
- Some experience in Python or Go.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with version control (GitHub).
- Familiarity with React.
- A drive to succeed.
- Exceptional time-management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle unexpected situations and/or requests.
- Exceptional sense of organization and attention to detail.
- Team player mindset who is willing to wear many hats and jump in on many aspects of our projects, even if it's outside of your core skill set.
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers’ evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference – for people and our planet.
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects everyone as equal – both inside our walls and within the larger community.
While this is a remote-first position, Assembly’s office is on traditional Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
To apply, please visit: https://www.stjoseph.com/careers/ and apply to this role
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level