One of Canada’s top SaaS growth companies having just raised our $9.3m Series A.
As the industry's leading independent booking software, we have customers who run businesses in fascinating destinations all over the world. We have over 5,000 businesses using our platform and have processed over $6.8B in bookings to date, operating in 136 countries and 36 languages.
About the Job
We’re working on some backend data and performance problems and need your help. You will join a small but critical architecture team (~5 people) that will be working on migrating parts of our main software into manageable, testable, and performant services.
We think it is awesome if you live somewhere outside of Canada, but please note the preference for this role is located remotely from anywhere in Canada, or in our beautiful head office in Victoria, BC.
Some tasks you’ll be taking on
- Design, build and maintain, efficient, reusable and reliable code for a new service oriented architecture.
- Solve performance and reliability problems for enterprise customers.
- Build innovative solutions to business problems with the best tools for the job, improving the life of our customers and other developers.
- Design and develop features collaborating with other team members.
- WriteWriting integration and unit tests in support of customer-ready production code.
- 4+ years of development experience, willingness to solve hard problems, and are eager to learn more.
- A good grasp of database fundamentals for Postgres or equivalent (optimizing queries, using views etc).
- Comfortable with two or more backend programming languages such as Node, Ruby, Python, PHP, Elixir, etc...
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (Rails, Sails, Phoenix, etc).
- Comfortable using the unix command line.
- Experience using Git and pull requests to manage code changes.
- 3rd party integration experience such as payment gateways and using webhooks.
If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly or have some gaps in your resume know that we would still love to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Nice to haves
- Experience with functional programming and/or concurrency (Elixir, React Hooks, etc).
- Writing, deploying or maintaining a microservice architecture.
- Exposure to e-commerce, payments, bookings or tourism industry.
- System integration coding with multiple APIs on a project.
- You can put yourself in the developer audience and deliver a great experience.
- A workplace that values a work-life balance.
- A constructive environment with room to learn, excel and impact.
- Extended health benefits.
- Parental benefits.
- Vacation, personal days, and health days.
- A newly renovated ‘tourism themed’ office space (as of May 2020) in downtown Victoria (unless you’re remote).
Please send with your resume any personal projects you’ve worked on and github/gitlab links!
Checkfront acknowledges and respects that we work, learn, and innovate on the unceded Coast Salish Territory of the Lekwungen & WSÁNEĆ nations.
As a company, we are committed to upholding the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity. In pursuit of this, we actively seek new members who will work respectfully and constructively with our team, and challenge the status quo, propelling our company and the community forward.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level