Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst
Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst
JEA Pension System Solutions
James Evans and Associates, Ltd. is a Victoria-based company that has been doing business in Canada and the United States for over 40 years. We have an excellent, well-established reputation in the Canadian and US pension industry. JEA offers SaaS and on-premises pension system administration solutions, along with pension system consulting services to a variety of clients with a diversity of needs. With over 40 years of history, JEA has proven we are both adaptable and reliable - and that, above all, we strive to form true partnerships with our clients, ensuring we develop, implement and support the "best in class" pension solutions for their organizations and members.
JEA is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team and test our product in an agile environment. If you are looking to work for a reputable and established company that has a collaborative and supportive work culture and uses the latest technology, we invite you to apply and become part of our team. This is a full-time employee position.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME:
* Identifying test requirements, mapping and creating test cases, designing test coverage plans and assembling documentation.
* Maintaining high standards of software quality with good practices and habits.
* Identifying and troubleshooting errors that occur within the test suites of our products.
* Collaborating with other Quality Assurance Analysts and Developers as well as interacting with other teams and stakeholders while contributing to the productivity and success of the team.
* Minimum of 3+ years of quality assurance experience, manual and or automated testing, including working on a web development team, interpreting specifications, and testing application components.
* Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software or Computer Engineering, or a related field.
* Must be eligible to work in Canada.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition of employment; this includes having lived in Canada for at least the past five years.
* Attention to detail in your oral and written communications and the ability to write for a technical audience.
* Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently produce results within timelines.
* Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships team members and others.
* Knowledge of software development life cycle and object-oriented development methodologies, including design principles, techniques and tools.
* Experience with current industry-standard automated testing technologies and development tools.
NICE TO HAVES:
* Experience with Katalon Studio.
* Certified, or be working towards attaining ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), or ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL), or equivalent.
* Familiarity with pension administration or financial system software.
* An understanding of website UI and UX best practices.
* An understanding of web usability and accessibility standards.
KEY TECHNOLOGIES TO KNOW:
* Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL
* Issue management tools: Atlassian JIRA
* Test Case Management: SmartBear Zephyr
* Software version control: Atlassian Bitbucket
* Collaboration tools: Atlassian Confluence, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams
* Our Victoria office is located at the VI Tech Park, which includes a gym, a disc golf course, easy dining-out options, a bike locker, and lots of walking trails.
* Our Winnipeg office is located downtown in the middle of the Sports, Hospitality and Entertainment District, one block from the Winnipeg Jets’ arena.
* Flexible work location (home or office).
* Flexible work hours.
* Casual dress.
* A company that’s committed to a work-life balance.
* Friendly, easy-to-get-along-with team where open dialog and knowledge-sharing is encouraged and promoted.
JEA has offices in Victoria, BC, and Winnipeg, MB, as well as remote workers across Canada. JEA is an equal-opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from all of Canada to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Intermediate QA Analyst".
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level