IT Administrator - Redbrick
IT Administrator - Redbrick
Redbrick is looking for our next IT Administrator!
Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
Redbrick is committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely & in-office
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, and funding
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Employee sponsored financial wellness program
- Monthly fitness reimbursements & and annual bike-to-work reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Commute to work incentive program
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
“I've never worked anywhere with such a range of opportunities to expand your skills. We get to work with a multitude of brands, and an outstanding team. Redbrick is a place where you always feel supported to do your best work.”
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As an IT Administrator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing the IT onboarding process for new employees
- Purchasing, set-up and delivery of company laptops and desktop equipment to remote employees
- Setting up laptops and desktop equipment for in-office employees
- Ensuring all accesses are set-up (Slack, Zoom, LastPass, G Suite, etc.)
- Conducting IT new hire orientation training for all new employees
- Collaborating closely with the People & Culture team to ensure a smooth onboarding
- Go-to person for all employee technical support issues and requests, which includes supporting all of our portfolio companies through a remote log-in platform
- Commons requests include, but are not limited to: account password reset, account permissions, help with the office printer and scanner, access requests, equipment requests, user hardware and software issues, phishing emails, etc.
- Communicating any IT announcements to the team
- Administering the companies password management program (LastPass)
- Overseeing password rotation programs
- Prioritizing any IT security threats or complications
- Ensuring any applicable anti-virus programs are running and up-to-date
- Ongoing research and staying up-to-date with IT security best practices; making recommendations as necessary
Facilities and Equipment:
- Setting up and disabling office security fobs
- Sending monthly access reports to People & Culture team
- Maintaining tidy cable management at employee workstations
- Keeping the network room organized and tidy
- Maintaining conferencing and telecommunications equipment (e.g. Zoom Rooms)
- Ordering new equipment and maintaining inventory levels
- Managing the online IT inventory program
- Systems administration for platforms such as Slack, Zoom, Asana, Adobe, Microsoft 365, GitHub, Jamf, Atlassian Cloud, etc.
- Administering all of our portfolio companies Google Workspaces
- Setting up hardware, operating systems, and software for laptops
- Managing the companies email signature program (Exclaimer), as well as maintaining the various email distribution lists
- Basic network installation and solving connectivity issues
- Maintaining documentation for IT standard operating procedures
- Troubleshooting all IT problems as necessary, possibly outside of standard work hours
- Submitting monthly IT expenses to Accounting & Finance
- Additional projects and responsibilities as required
- After 1 month:
- You have had various shadowing sessions with the former IT Administrator and meetings with members of the People & Culture team
- You are gaining a clear understanding of the troubleshooting your role will entail
- You have an understanding of our onboarding processes and your involvement
- Comfortable in administering our Google Workspace accounts and the various platforms our companies use
- After 3 months:
- Confidently using our remote log-in platform to support remote employees
- Confidently resolving most troubleshooting issues as they arise
- You have completed a few IT new hire orientations
- Seeing problems and seeking to eliminate or minimize them
- After 6 months
- Proactively seeking ways to improve IT infrastructure
- Anticipating upcoming tasks for your role based on business changes and needs
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As an IT Administrator, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- Completion of a diploma program in computer or information systems is ideal
- 1+ years experience in a technical user support role is required
- General understanding of common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, and IPv4
- Experience with IT systems, networks and related technologies is an asset
- Experience in administering a Google Workspace is an asset
- Experience managing a mixed environment of Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Understanding of IT administration and system security best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve and seek efficient solutions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Entry Level