Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
At this time, we are looking for an experienced IT Manager to join our Operations department on a permament, full-time basis. This would be a great fit for someone who is a strong people leader and a strategic and result-oriented techical expert. This role will provide a perfect balance of accountability, autonomy and opportunity for change management and project implementation. If you are looking for a position where you shape the future of the corporate infrastructure while providing an unparalelled level of service to the end users, this role could be a perfect match! At Reliable Controls, we offer a competitive total compensation package, and a balanced workplace where employees come first.
Perks and Benefits we offer to our team:
• Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus an employee contribution matching program to help you grow your
• An annual performance bonus
• Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
• Free convenient parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it
• Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
• On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
• Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
• …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
• Provide leadership and coaching to a team of talented and motivated employees
• Ensure all ISO9001 and ISO14001 requirements related to IT are adhered to with a commitment to continual improvement
• Assess and lead external contractors and IT supply chain to ensure Reliable Controls networks are secure, reliable, and efficient
• Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security weaknesses
• Protect system by defining access privileges, controls structures, resources, and training
• Ensure company business continuity is maintained and IT recovery systems are in place and routinely validated
• Monitor and report performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improvements on the IT and telephony infrastructure
• Recommend IT strategies and procedures by assessing organizational needs, identifying vulnerabilities, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements
• Develop and implement IT policies and best practice guides throughout the organisation
• Design and manage major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
• Accomplish company financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action when necessary
• Identify corporate employee training requirements, related to the safe use of IT services throughout the organization
• Conduct regular system audits both internally and using external IT contractors
• Demonstrate ongoing commitment to professional development by maintaining up-to-date technical experience
Qualifications and requirements:
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in IT industry with a minimum of 3 years of direct management experience
• Post-secondary education in one of the following disciplines: Information Technology, Networking, Science or Computer Science
• CISSP certification would be considered an asset
• ITIL certification would be considered an asset
• Analytical thinking and ability to clearly see interdependencies
• Proven people leadership skills
• Excellent problem solving
• Unparalleled customer service
• Strong project management skills and experience
• Coordination and strategic planning
• Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring.
• Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
• Strong creative and analytical thinking
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online by filling out the application page, and uploading your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations. We look forward to receiving your application at: https://reliablecontrols.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level