IT Network & Communication Technician
IT Network & Communication Technician
Make a Future
We are currently searching for Information Technology Network & Communication Technician, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The current rate of pay is $29.37 per hour.
Preferred Qualifications, Training and Experience
1. Grade 12 education supplemented by:
Industry certified education applicable to this position includes CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft certifications or comparable experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computers in a network environment. Two years post-secondary education. Combinations of applicable education (and experience and training based on this education) may include diploma and/or bachelors work at accredited post-secondary institutions with a specialty focus on Computer Science.
2. Minimum of three years current experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of personal computers in a network environment.
3. Knowledge of current operating and networking system, network security, networking technologies and protocols, and software installation and maintenance.
4. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft datacenter and Server products including Active Directory, System Centre, Windows Server, and Local Area Network infrastructure.
5. Demonstrated experience or qualifications working in a Microsoft Windows based server environments with a high degree of automation and virtualization.
6. Valid Class 5 B.C. driver’s license and license appropriate to the type of equipment/vehicle being operated and a personal vehicle for use on the job.
7. Meets the physical requirements of the position.
8. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Characteristics and Requirements
1. Duties are performed under the supervision of the Manager of Information Technology or designate.
2. Normally receives general instructions only, which requires the exercise of sound judgement as to the method of performing the work.
3. Configures and designs network infrastructure and backup solutions.
4. Monitors daily backups and resolves any issues. This also includes Disaster Recovery planning.
5. Assist with research, prioritization, organization and development of plans, and makes recommendations to support the overall District Technology plans and standards.
6. Services, repairs and performs routine maintenance on a variety of district computer, network and audio- visual equipment.
7. Researches, designs, configures, manages and troubleshoots wide area and local area networks including management of user accounts and District network servers.
8. Package software for distribution and automate installation of all software and operating systems.
9. Assists with the development and implementation of system security protocols and procedures.
10. Proactively monitors critical software and hardware components. Schedule and perform ongoing preventative maintenance including effective patching cycles of systems and OS software
11. Automation and streamlining of infrastructure tasks.
12. Maintains an inventory of district computer and network equipment.
13. Produces and provides training resources, technical documentation and support for technicians and end users.
14. Provides leadership to the district’s team of Computer Technicians.
15. Works effectively, both as a member of the technology team and independently, to install, maintain and repair a variety of computer equipment including, but not limited to, servers and network infrastructure used in district systems.
16. Maintains currency in industry standard computer and networking applications and enterprise communications tools and demonstrates flexibility and willingness to learn about new and emerging technologies and tools.
17. Follows proper work procedures, observes all regulations pertinent to the work, maintains a good working relationship with other employees, and cooperates in maintaining a healthy learning and working environment.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Please apply on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/2XY7MCr by October 29th, 2021.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC