IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst
Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently accepting applications to fill a permanent, full-time Support Analyst position within our IT department. This role will report directly to the IT Manager, and support the IT team with ticket resolution, troubleshooting IT and network support issues, and maintaining a wide range of organizational hardware and software assets. The successful candidate will work closely with our customer service oriented and attentive IT team to provide quality support for all desktop users in the company.
In addition to the rich, challenging, and engaging nature of the role, Reliable Controls offer a very competitive total compensation package and a balanced work environment with an outstanding culture to match.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended Health and Dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient onsite parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve nonrecurring issues regarding application software and operating systems
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Purchase, provision, and install new desktop computer systems and software
- Assist in the installation of new software and basic end-user training
- End user support for a network of 200+ users of varying levels of technical abilities
- Maintain hardware and software inventories
- Follow and maintain IT policies, record-keeping, documentation, and best practices guidelines
- Assist with onboarding new employees with a focus on IT-related concerns (network locations, logins, applications, security policies, etc.)
- Maintain accurate real time records within a ticketing system
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in a similar capacity
- Post-secondary education in information technology, computer networks, computer science or related field; equivalent experience would also be considered (or 2 years of equivalent work experience or certifications)
- Experience assembling and troubleshooting Windows PCs
- Knowledge of various areas of desktop support pertaining to Windows 10, Office 365, and other desktop applications
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Able to demonstrate patience, tact, and respect when working with stakeholders at varying levels of technical proficiency
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online by filling out the application page, and uploading your cover letter and a resume along with your compensation expectations. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level, Intermediate Level