IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
Greater Victoria School District 61
The Greater Victoria School District provides public educational services to over 20,000 students in the Greater Victoria Area, encompassing six municipalities. To provide this service, the District has a current operating budget of $208 million and employs approximately 3,500 staff which includes teachers, principals and vice-principals, support staff, psychologists, speech and language pathologists and exempt managerial staff.
The Greater Victoria School District (SD61) is seeking a School Technologist (Relief/Spareboard). The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and supporting technology in schools and will be working as part of a team of technologists led by the Vice Principal, IT for Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Install computer software, configure hardware systems, maintain current network configurations and troubleshoot technology problems on a variety of different platforms (primarily Windows, but may include Apple).
• Support the introduction of new educational technology.
• Work with school district staff to assist them in their use of technology.
• Have demonstrated experience and skill in presenting and training various stakeholders.
This is an exciting position in a progressive field and an opportunity to work with a leading school district in an environment that encourages personal growth, values collaboration and teamwork, provides first-rate benefits and creates solutions that make a difference to our students.
The successful candidate will have:
• Two year post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science from an accredited college or university.
• One year full-time experience in an equivalent position within the IT industry.
• Experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of technology.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
• Experience supporting Apple technologies would be an asset.
• Ability to work well within a team and apply tact and courtesy when explaining and exchanging ideas, data and information.
This is a temporary position at a pay rate of $27.26 per hour (+ 11% in lieu of benefits). This position falls within the CUPE 947 collective agreement.
Please send your résumé, cover letter, as well as contact information for three references to:
Human Resource Services
Greater Victoria School District No.61
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
Closing Date: September 24, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The District thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time, Contract
Location : Victoria, BC