IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
Our Name: Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc.
Location: Victoria, BC (Remote potential)
Read more about us on our site: Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
Smart Dolphins is a local Victoria, BC company that is in the business of helping other businesses with their technology.
Our culture and atmosphere is positive, open and dynamic. We love our Dolphin lives and always strive to help and elevate each other. We are awesome and we have proof! We are certified as a "Great Place to Work" and placed 15th in the national standing of top 50 businesses with under 50 employees. Check us out here!
Our Support Team Specialist must represent themselves as a spokesperson for Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc. Many times, you are the first and only impression a client receives of our company. You’ll need to diagnose & resolve hardware and software issues while setting expectations with end users in a professional and empathetic way. Your attitude is paramount to our success, and we take pride in delivering personable IT support to our diverse range of clients. You will follow procedures and best practices and are expected to maintain accessible resource material for yourself and your peers. You will combine information and tools provided with your technical knowledge to achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Answer phone calls quickly. Respond to all assigned service tickets within specified time limits.
- Provide remote and hands on support to end-users on Vancouver Island.
- Diagnose & Resolve 90% of assigned service tickets, and appropriately identify situations that require escalation.
- Log all service details within ticket.
- Keep accurate track of time for service tickets, in real-time.
- Participate in meetings, prepared to report on your individual metrics including reasons for deviation.
- Participate in Client Service Skills Training.
- Consistently update your knowledge to align with support needs, education goals and resources may be provided.
- Enthusiastically take on the role of your primary job description, knowing that at times you'll be called upon to fill responsibilities defined within secondary job functions.
- Inform management of recurring problems or Clients at risk.
Skills and Experience of an IT Support Technician:
- Experience with major hardware vendors – Dell, HP, etc.
- Microsoft Windows operating systems – desktop and server.
- Complex troubleshooting.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Client Service experience.
Preference for Candidates With:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Exchange, SQL, etc.)
- Networking knowledge (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
- Specific Technical Certifications including MS-900, Network+, Security+
What does Success look like in this job role?
A successful Support Team Specialist connects with clients when solving their problems. They’re able to do so with an empathetic, pleasant manner. They work diligently to keep their ticket productivity and can self-manage their time effectively. They interface with their co-workers in a direct, honest, respectful manner. They enjoy collaborating with their co-workers to improve everyone’s performance and speak openly about their challenges and where they need help.
In order to be successful as a Support Team Specialist, you’ll consistently meet and exceed posted goals for NPS, the amount of tickets you close per day, and the % of billable time you average per month. Ideally, operating as an L2 resource you will be able to close without assistance 90% of service tickets.
Personal Key Performance Indicators (KPI) – measured statistics
Individual metrics will be measured in personal NPS, tickets closed / day and % billable / utilization averaged per month.
- personal NPS GOAL: 80
- close an average of 10 tickets per day.
- consistently achieve a billable average of 80%.
More important than specific skills is the candidate’s attitude toward people, technology and Smart Dolphins. A strong technical foundation with a corresponding confident and driven approach to learning and serving clients.
Finding the right person is of paramount importance to us. We hope that this overview of the opportunity sparks a strong interest in that right person. If you feel that this person is you, please submit your via the link provided. We like to receive an up-to-date and applicable resume with a brief cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
Are you the one?
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Nanaimo, BC, Duncan, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Entry Level, Intermediate Level