Capital Regional District
Finance & Technology, Information Technology & GIS
Status: Regular Full time
Hours of Work: Up to 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $46.63 - $52.89 per hour
Review of applications begins: 4:00pm on September 24, 2021
Notes: This posting has been amended and re-posted
The Java Developer is an integral part of the SAP Technical team, promotes direct collaboration ties with the SAP Functional team and is responsible for the ongoing development and support of the CRD’s SAP system. The incumbent works closely with business and application teams and focuses on SAP application development and integration with SAP and non-SAP systems and delivering SAP solutions that meets the CRD’s organizational needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads, coordinates and documents SAP system projects through all phases from planning through to maintenance and support including providing project updates to stakeholders.
- Collaborates with system users to document, review, analyze, and evaluates business systems processes, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Drafts and recommends strategies, best practices, policies and procedures to support SAP development throughout the CRD.
- In collaboration with Manager, IT and stakeholders, participates in defining project scope and objectives for SAP Business systems, ensuring stakeholders requirements will be met.
- Develops, coordinates, executes and reviews test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to ensure all objectives are met and solutions work as expected.
- Assists user(s) with the use and adoption of system changes. Responsibilities include preparing to-be process documentation and training materials, conducting training sessions and providing support after go-live.
- Leads SAP development, reporting needs and ERP standards and provides ongoing maintenance.
- Collaborates with SAP application team and business stakeholders to understand their business needs, define and collect business and system requirements.
- Transform business and system requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
- Analyzing requirements and determine work estimates and schedule for development, testing, deployment and post-deployment support.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development life cycle, business processes, application design, maintaining technical and functional documents.
- Collaborates, and contributes in all phases of the systems development life cycle (design, development and testing) including the technical analysis, design and development of new modules to meet business requirements.
- Assists existing business units while analyzing requests to enhance or interface SAP modules with current and/or proposed systems.
- Owning overall delivery accountability and success for custom developments. Performing code reviews, identify opportunities to reuse or reduce existing custom codes and provides inputs for improvements as required and/or identified.
- Leads, coordinates functional tests, unit and integration tests, regression tests, performance tests, and other testing support involving technical and non-technical groups within the organizations.
- Analysis and resolution of complex problems which may include analyzing the business and technical risks of possible solutions based on SAP data structures and relationships between modules.
- Liaises with business lines and IT staff to ensure project deadlines are achieved.
- Supervises and reviews the work of external consultants.
- Collaborates with SAP external consultants and cloud solution providers for project and ongoing operation support.
- Collaborates with IT Service desk, SAP application team, and IT users across all CRD divisions to determine system requirements and to resolve complex problems.
- Knowledge of ITIL, change management processes and stakeholder consultations.
- Follows all policy, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology plus 6 - 8 years’ experience working in SAP, or experience in java application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Hands on experience required in SAP ABAP, report developments.
- Knowledge of Web Development and data consumption techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP UI technologies like SAP Fiori, Fiori Element, UI5.
- Knowledge of web technologies like SOAP & REST, OData.
- Knowledge of HANA, Core Data Services (CDS), SQL programming and Data Modelling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems including the many business frameworks and associated module relationships.
- Knowledge of change management processes and the need for stakeholder consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial principles and practices as related to working in an integrated ERP System is essential.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes with the ability to complete projects on time, within scope and within budget.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of business analysis methodologies to gather and analyze data and develop recommendations and solutions for moving forward.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in ERP application development would be asset.
- Experience in application development and integration with other corporate systems like GIS, SharePoint and Tempest.
- Development, implementation, customizing and integration of SAP mobility and Fiori applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with stakeholders, technical teams, senior management and other co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements.
- Ability to coordinate work of those over whom one has no direct authority.
- Preference may be given for candidate with Java development experience.
- High level of proficiency and experience with MS office tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn SAP ABAP programming and support ERP application development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to request in a timely manner.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at https://viatec.growthzoneapp.com/ap/r/0cf3a8d4ab30472d8914802e27ab847e
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level