Jr. Project Manager
Jr. Project Manager
ACD Systems International Inc.
ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital image editing and management companies globally. The company was founded in 1993 in Texas by technology and imaging visionary Doug Vandekerkhove. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video, and metadata) in the ’80s, revolutionizing how analog and digital information was used in pre-Web applications.
Today ACD holds seven patents, and millions of ACDSee products are in use throughout the world.
As part of the ACD Systems Product Development Team, the Project Manager is a key player in the success of our product objectives. The successful person is a go-getter, organized, motivated and technical. You will be joining a team of like-minded people who believe in delivering high-quality software products to a worldwide audience.
- Technical Expertise: the ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in computer science.
- Initiative: identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Fostering Innovation: the ability to develop, sponsor, or support introducing a new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Results Orientation: the ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Oral and Written Communication: the ability to express oneself clearly in writing and conversations.
In this role, we are looking for
- Coordinate the team throughout all project development phases.
- Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Juggle the triangle of scope, budget, and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders.
- Lead daily and weekly stand-ups and meetings.
- Quality Assurance/Test: Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, and inconsistencies in software.
- Recommends modifications and additions to features of the software in development.
- Identify, prevent, and manage risks.
- Manage communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform any other relevant, project-related duties when needed.
To be successful, we are looking for
- 3+ year's experience in a project management role or Development or Quality Assurance.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge in Digital Asset Management and Image Editing is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong business communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Good technical knowledge of PC, Mac OS, networking, and operating systems.
- Experience in Agile or Lean development would be an asset.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is considered an asset.
Location: 1662 McKenzie Ave, Victoria, B.C.
Please apply to email@example.com and include the Job Title in the subject line.
Thank you to all who apply. Only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level