Junior/Intermediate Systems Administrator
Junior/Intermediate Systems Administrator
VertiGIS North America
At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company’s culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
Our Information Services (IS) team is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and support of all hardware, software, network, telephony, and audio/visual systems within the company. We support employees across Canada as well as the US and Europe. The IS team also manages the cloud infrastructure for our hosted Geocortex offerings.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow and refine their skills in a wide range of technologies and hardware. You’ll be part of a small and cohesive team of top-notch information technology specialists.
- Providing tier 1 support to employees both locally and remotely
- Supporting staff with applications such as Microsoft Office and more
- Setting up, backing up, and imaging computer workstations
- Participating in projects to improve processes, automate tasks, and simplify management
- Assisting with networking, infrastructure, and systems management projects
- Taking on special self-directed or team projects
- Enthusiasm and a passion for technology
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to research and find answers on your own
- Desktop support experience with Windows 10
- Strong Microsoft Office support experience: Office 365, Outlook, Teams, etc.
- PC and laptop hardware support and break/fix experience
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, processes, and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
Would love to see:
- Understanding of networking technologies
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Basic server and infrastructure administration
- Knowledge of Office 365 and its administration
- Industry certifications such as: Comptia A+, Server+, Network+, MCSE/MCP, CCNA
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (with lunch included)
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Entry Level, Intermediate Level