Lead Business Analyst
Lead Business Analyst
- Are you an experienced Business Analyst with a solid toolkit of analysis and project management skills?
- Do you thrive in a client-focused environment where relationships and the work that you do matters?
- Do you consistently deliver high quality work utilizing innovative technology solutions?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
BC Assessment is currently looking for two permanent Lead Business Analysts to join the Information Technology Services Management team in our ITS Division. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of business analysis and experience; it is an intermediate professional position with a variety of interesting work, significant and complex analysis, and great growth potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- The position holds a leadership role in the analysis and integration of new or enhanced products or services for internal and external customers and defining the requirements, detailed specifications and models of business solutions;
- The position is responsible for providing support functions and business analysis for BCA’s Finance and Human Resources cloud application (Workday), including ensuring IT best practices and processes are followed for change management, release planning, and governance;
- The Lead Business Analyst will lead the development and management of workflows as it supports business needs and processes, an example of a specific workflow is the delivery of BCA Mail Outs to external customers.
To be successful in this role:
You need to be a proactive, detailed-oriented, analytical, customer-focused individual that is able to synthesize complex information in order to understand issues and be able to prioritize tasks, coordinate resources and make sound decisions that contribute to the success of the organization. You enjoy breaking apart complex tasks and coming up with innovative solutions to completing those tasks according to a predefined fixed schedule. You work well at all levels of the organization.
Relationship-building skills, communication skills and organizational ability are key to being successful in this role. You must be able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people, build teams, and support cross-functional teams within the organization. This role requires strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non), as well as facilitation skills to conduct information gathering sessions with relevant stakeholders.
This position is included in the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
- Location: Victoria, BC – Uptown OR Vancouver, BC
- Compensation: $74,515.47 - $87,666.59 (plus 6.25% TMA)
- Competition Close Date: Sunday, January 23, 2022 @ 11:59PM
- University degree in computer science, systems business analysis, information management, software engineering, or equivalent. University degree in business administration or finance (plus related IM/IT courses) will be considered.
- Completion of BA certificate in Business Analysis or equivalent certificate.
- Completion of PM certificate or certified Project Management Professional would be an asset.
- Four years recent, related work experience in all phases of project development life cycle.
- Directly related work experience includes being responsible for the setting of priorities, and management of IT system deliverables.
- Experience in business and technology planning, and complex (multi-faceted, multi-stakeholder) project management in a public sector environment is preferred.
- Property assessment/appraisal, facilitating to groups of people, developing test strategies and test designs, and applying adult learning methodologies and developing training/educational materials is preferred.
Note: Educational equivalency that includes a diploma plus 8 years related work experience may be considered.
- Click here to apply. Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
BC Assessment is committed to the health and safety of our employees and is taking every precaution against COVID–19 while building connection and collaboration in our hybrid workplace. Effective Nov 26, 2021, BC Assessment requires all employees, as a condition of employment, to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- We are a Top Employer!
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
At BC Assessment, every person and every voice is important. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work and ensuring that our policies and practices are equitable, supportive and pro-active. Our hiring practices reflect this and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the people of British Columbia. We strive to create an environment where everyone can succeed, free of systemic barriers.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level