Lead Rendering Software Engineer
Lead Rendering Software Engineer
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
Are you an experienced, pragmatic cranker of codes that has worked on and shipped high performance rendering code? Perhaps our open role of Lead Rendering Software Engineer appeals to you! You will report to our technical director and lead the rendering team at Metalhead to add features and improve our customized rendering engine. You will work closely with engineers and artists to fulfil the artistic vision at a rock solid 60hz. If visual fidelity and challenging performance issues are your jam, we would love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Lead rendering efforts across Windows, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo devices.
- Architect and implement real time and offline rendering code in C++.
- Manage the rendering pipeline end to end.
- Develop and maintain shaders.
- Work with the Art Director and art team to realize their vision at 60hz.
- Collaborate with the tools team to communicate requirements and capabilities of the rendering technology.
- Mentor junior rendering engineers.
- Integrate 3rd party rendering technology.
Qualities we're looking for:
- 6+ years of professional C++ experience.
- Experience shipping titles as a rendering engineer.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with D3D12.
- Experience working with multi-threaded systems.
- Ability to find, comprehend and evaluate rendering research & papers.
- Advanced debugging and optimization skills.
- Solid math skills, emphasis on linear algebra.
- Familiarity with a Visual Studio / Windows development environment.
- An eye for finding simple solutions to complex problems.
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo development.
- A degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similar.
- Experience with Enlighten.
- A cover letter is greatly appreciated.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we're always looking for:
- Passion. You love programming and are always looking to learn more and hone your craft. Your shower thoughts are often software related.
- A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for help when you're stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it's time to get 'er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It's just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you've worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Apply now via the EA Careers page!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level