Manager, Cloud Operations & Infrastructure - BCI
Manager, Cloud Operations & Infrastructure - BCI
Lead cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure capability development and operations
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. With $233 billion of gross assets under management, BCI is the provider of investment management services to British Columbia’s public sector. We invest globally across a range of asset classes and strategies in public and private markets. BCI generates the investment returns that help our British Columbian public sector clients build financially secure futures.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity. Being recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers exemplifies BCI’s ongoing commitment to be a progressive workplace of choice; one that attracts, retains, and promotes talent so that we can continue to work towards meeting our clients’ financial goals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on specialized skills and expertise to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
You will guide a talented team, fostering their development in delivering cutting-edge cloud and infrastructure solutions. This leadership role focuses on nurturing collaboration while promoting strategic innovation for continuous improvement.
The Technology department at BCI plays a vital role in our investment and business processes. Our leadership supports our exceptional employees who collaborate as a unified team to drive our client-serving investment strategies.
The Cloud Operations & Infrastructure team provides both cloud-based and physical infrastructure products and services, establishing the essential cloud capabilities required for all other digital strategies.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in technology, engineering, computer science, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience leading high-performing technical teams
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure delivery
- Proficiency in cloud technologies (e.g., Azure), migration, data centers, and hosting services
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues in fast-paced, multi-project environments
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps delivery practices and methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills with a focus on stakeholder relationships
- Relevant professional courses and certifications (e.g., Azure, Agile) are a plus
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure capability development and operations
- Promote a supportive work environment through effective communication and employee engagement
- Establish and improve processes for managing cloud and infrastructure services
- Develop and implement cloud and infrastructure strategies to support business-critical systems
- Prioritize requests for cloud and infrastructure services and minimize service disruptions
- Develop stakeholder communication strategies for cloud and infrastructure product delivery
- Ensure system availability, reliability, security, and scalability in service delivery
- Manage cloud and infrastructure projects, maximizing business value and efficiency
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and manage technical change processes
- Act as a senior escalation point for operational issues and coordinate resolution paths
- Collaborate with stakeholders and Technology teams on capability roadmaps
- Lead a highly skilled delivery team, fostering a culture of accountability and innovation
- Ensure compliance with standards and adherence to established processes
- Manage vendor relationships and participate in procurement processes
- Set team objectives, priorities, and oversee day-to-day operations
- Establish KPIs to track and optimize team progress and performance
- Manage financial resources within the allocated budget and monitor financial reporting
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
- Work from our downtown Victoria office
BCI offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a performance-based incentive plan, comprehensive health & dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan and paid time off
The annualized base salary range for this Victoria-based role is CAD $110,000 to $140,000.
The base salary offered to the successful candidate will consider a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill set, level of experience applicable to the role they are being offered and consideration to internal equity.
We pay our people competitively in the markets in which we compete for talent and with consideration to internal equity and job structure. We aim for actual pay to be around the median of the market for target or expected levels of performance, and around the upper quartile of the market for excellent performance.
Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, experience and expertise.
WHY APPLY TO JOIN BCI
With our values as our anchor, it’s our people that help shape employee-focused initiatives and who create the environment we work in each day – all of which further strengthens our culture. BCI has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers – for the fifth consecutive year - and has built programs and benefits to support all our employees, including;
- Extended health and dental coverage, start on your first day of work. We have you covered!
- Our telehealth provider Dialogue connects you and your family to virtual healthcare appointments
- Eligibility to the defined benefit BC Public Service Pension Plan providing you with a secure retirement income
- Time off includes: 20 days vacation, 6 paid sick days, 6 paid personal days, and 2 paid days for volunteering – to support physical, mental, and community health
- Work one day per week from home, plus an option to work from anywhere for up to one month each calendar year
- Annual wellness allowance provided to support an active lifestyle and promote physical well-being while working from home
- On-going learning through our in-house mentoring program, professional dues support, tuition reimbursement, and online and in-house learning
- Relocation support is available if a move to one of BCI’s locations is required
- Invested in your learning: BCI investment professionals lead a monthly Investment Club to share industry knowledge with employees who work in other departments
CLOSING DATE: February 18, 2024
Apply online with a copy of your resume. We encourage timely submissions of applications as candidates will be actively reviewed and the interview process may advance earlier.
At BCI, we value diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive culture where all employees can be successful. We are performance and client focused and value integrity; if you share these values, we want to know you. We recognize that some skills can be learned on the job and encourage all to apply.
If you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to hear from you!
To learn more about this position and apply, go to: https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level