Applications are currently being accepted for the exempt administrative position of:
Manager, IT Service Delivery
Location: Comox Valley Campus
Department: IT Services
Posting #: AS0004
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Director, IT, working under minimal supervision and in a hands-on role, the Manager’s role is responsible for the delivery of high quality technical support and services for end users and technical professionals across all college constituents. This includes the responsibility of managing all policies and procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Delivery functions based on best practices, service performance metrics, operational issues or emerging needs.
The Manager leads a team of Computer Systems Technicians and Learning Commons Helpdesk Analysts staff and is response for implementing and maintaining a collaborative teamwork approach with a customer service focus in the support of the College community.
The Manager plans and implements technology upgrades and renewal for all computer devices and standard desktop software owned by the college and used by its students and employees. The Manager plans for, implements, and manages specific IT services including Service Desk and Tier 1 onsite technical support operations, Tier-2 technical support, and student computer lab and fleet device management. The Manager schedules and directs activities to resolve problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
The Manager represents the IT department on College-wide committees to ensure that information system implications are considered and the related contributions to achieving College plans are maximized. The Manager works in close partnership and cooperation with the IT management team (IT Director, Enterprise Systems Manager and the IT Infrastructure Manager). This partnership includes effective priority setting and balancing of resources to meet overall college objectives.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of six years’ experience managing service delivery and operational leadership. This includes progressive experience in a leadership role including planning, budgeting, reporting and supervising staff in a unionized environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preference is given to certification in Project Management and ITSM systems and frameworks (e.g. ITIL, COBIT etc.).
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent leadership skills, including team building, planning and working through change and conflict resolution.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to lead a team and motivate staff effectively within small and large scale projects.
- Substantive understanding and technical knowledge of IT at an operational level.
- Experience with configuration and set-up of enterprise-level service management tools.
- Strong project and time management skills including the ability to function effectively in an environment where multiple projects, tasks and initiatives are in various stages of development and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to successfully present ideas and concepts to a wide range of college stakeholders.
- Knowledge of and experience with current principles, practices and procedures related to the operations of IT Service Delivery and IT Service Management for a broad range of clients and users.
- Knowledge of current desktop and laptop technologies including hardware, software and desktop security.
- Strong research and problem solving skills, understanding of end-point security practices, change management and ITIL Foundation principles.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices in a service environment.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to college operations.
- Sound understanding of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and promotes and supports the application of FIPPA within the college.