Marketing & Communications Associate
Marketing & Communications Associate
Rumble - Pomme Natural Market
Rumble is changing what healthy tastes like! What’s Rumble? A nutrient rich, high quality protein beverage that is conveniently packaged for an active on-the-go lifestyle.
Rumble springs from our founder Paul Underhill’s necessity for a nutritionally balanced beverage. Paul was born with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) a debilitating and normally fatal lung disease, which severely affected his health. Seeking out every possible health and nutrition advantage was critical – he needed a drink loaded with nourishing ingredients, but also tasty and ready to drink.
When he was unable to purchase anything close, he fired up his kitchen blender and made his own! Rumble has evolved from those early days to become the natural Supershake it is now! The optimal nutrition that fueled Paul’s wait and recovery from a lifesaving double-lung transplant, now fuels his active lifestyle of running, cycling and kite-boarding.
Launched in 2013, Rumble has been on a high growth trajectory ever since, recently securing national distribution in Canada and maintains a broad distribution footprint. With an experienced and passionate team behind the company, all key partners in place, and a strong team of investors supporting our mission, we are well positioned to continue to build our company in 2021 and beyond.
About the Role: Marketing & Communications Associate (4 Month Contract)
We're looking for someone with a diverse skill set to help support our marketing and operations. This is an incredible opportunity to learn on the job - you'll have the opportunity to gain insight into all aspects of our business while working alongside the Manager of Marketing. There will be many opportunities to stretch your skills and take on new and exciting projects.
You must be self-motivated, highly detail oriented, data-driven, organized, creative and efficiency-minded to excel in this role. If setting and exceeding targets, optimizing processes, tracking results, and improving return-on-investment (ROI) with a creative twist excites you, then please apply!
This role requires a "jack of all trades" type of attitude, but you'll be given the opportunity to focus the role on your strengths, interests and the aspects of the business that you are most passionate about.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Marketing Manager to help execute on the annual Marketing plan and budget.
- Support the Brand Ambassador & Event Sponsorship program, to align with target customer segments and sales goals.
- Help manage new initiatives to improve online sales (e.g. social media influencers, affiliate marketing program, referrals).
- Assist in the creation of content across all social media platforms. Interact and respond with our social media followers in our brand voice.
- Assist in coordinating PR initiatives.
- Collect data and generate regular reports on all aspects of marketing, online sales, social media, and the Brand Ambassador & Sponsorship Program, with the objective to measure and continually improve ROI.
- Seek out new strategic sponsorship and marketing opportunities.
- Customer service initiatives, including fielding customer inquiries by phone and email.
- Other marketing initiatives and responsibilities as needed.
- Help with other operational initiatives and responsibilities as needed.
What we are looking for:
- Organized and self-motivated: We are a small team so you will need to be able to set priorities and task lists, and share those with the team.
- Clear and friendly communication skills and professional demeanor, over email, phone, and in-person with co-workers, agencies, retailers and customers.
- Great team player. With a small team, we all need to pitch in to get the work done, even if it's not in your job description. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is important.
- Willingness to do what it takes to meet goals and get things done.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, and Word) is a must and some experience with Slack, Shopify, Canva, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign a plus but not required.
- Tech-savvy, and a fast learner. You're quick to teach yourself new tools. You're always taking the initiative to research new approaches, try new things, and see what's working for other companies.
- A portfolio of your creative work is a plus. Even if it's not directly applicable, we'd love to see your creative side. Do you have a killer social media feed? A blog post you've written? Posters, illustrations, web design, a newsletter? something to show your creative side.
- Love what Rumble stands for! We're a lifestyle-oriented brand focused on creating the healthy and tasty products our customers desire. You believe in our company and our potential!
- A creative and entrepreneurial attitude.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with more about you and why you’d like to join the Rumble team!
Job Type : Contract
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : ""