Marketing Manager, North America - VertiGIS
Marketing Manager, North America - VertiGIS
Lead outbound marketing for two lines of business, VertiGIS Studio and VertiGIS Telecommunications
Are you passionate about data-driven marketing? Do you know how to fill a sales funnel with your eyes closed? Do you love developing strategy as much as rolling up your sleeves to get the work done? Is a positive team culture meaningful to you? If this sounds like you, we have a spot for you on our team!
Reporting to the VP Global Marketing, as Director of Growth Marketing – North America, you’ll be responsible for outbound marketing and lead generation for two lines of business, VertiGIS Studio and VertiGIS Telecommunications in the US. You’ll use the lens of demand generation to develop annual and quarterly multi-channel plans, create and run campaigns, measure their effectiveness, and adjust tactics according to results. You will work closely with your team of 3 and others to build compelling customer-centric, use case-based content to drive your marketing plan and collaborate with members of the Digital Marketing team to bring the digital components of your plan to market via our centralized websites, social media, and search engine marketing platforms. Sitting on our regional management teams, you’ll build relationships with all key functional groups in the company and share in the responsibility of setting the regional strategy for executing on our global growth vision.
- Develop quarterly campaign programs in collaboration with Sales and industry leaders to drive lead generation in target markets including net new customers and cross/up-sell to existing customers through email and events, and adjust and optimize the program based on results.
- Set marketing strategy with support from VP Global Marketing and Go-to-Market teams to apply best practices in outbound marketing and lead generation.
- Build and manage budgets for VertiGIS Studio and VertiGIS Telecommunication including allocating and tracking spending, submitting expenses, and reporting and building the annual budget submission for the region.
- Measure and report on marketing program success including working with Sales teams and the Manager of Business Operations & Systems to measure critical marketing metrics like conversion rates, engagement levels, cost per lead, etc., and analyze the results and adjust the strategy as needed.
- Leverage Marketing Automation Software (Act-On) in collaboration with our Digital Marketing team and the Director of Growth Marketing, EMEA, to optimize lead generation and integration with a soon-to-be launched CRM.
- Support inbound marketing strategy and deployments with our Digital Marketing team and agency partners through the collaborative development of content plans and digital marketing spends aligned with your campaign calendar.
- Define the lead qualification process and improve all aspects of marketing (message, process, communication strategies, channels) to improve conversions throughout the funnel.
- Lead with passion to support your direct reports in growing their careers and adding value to the organization as well as your counterparts at the regional leadership table in growing the business and aligning it with our overall corporate strategy.
- Contribute content to brand initiatives, website/landing page updates, and strategic communications campaigns.
- 2 – 4 years experience in marketing management, preferably with a SaaS software product
- A proven track-record of success in lead generation and qualification, preferably with a software product
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Marketing Automation Platforms (Act-On) is highly preferred
- Experience building and managing budgets
- Experience building out a lead qualification process in collaboration with a Sales group
- Cross-channel marketing experience, including email (varied marketing automation experience preferred), webinars/digital events, SEO, and tradeshows. Experience in the development and creation of campaigns, not just the execution of campaigns, is critical
- Written and spoken German language skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional leadership skills: you will be responsible for the careers and successes of others
- The ability to travel to events, tradeshows, customer sites, and other VertiGIS offices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams)
- 5-10 years of experience in marketing; additionally, a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is preferred
- Experience in the telecommunication industry would be considered an asset, but not a requirement
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- Willing to negotiate a remote or hybrid work environment
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: Cover letters are required.
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable