Redbrick and Assembly are headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our four portfolio companies, Assembly is our digital publishing arm. Powered by dedicated content experts and an in-house media team, we write and publish fact-driven content from entertaining to educational across three popular websites. Our Assembly team is 24 people strong and borrows from Redbrick’s shared HR, finance and marketing services.
“If you’re willing to work hard and want the opportunity to take ownership of a project or goal, this is the place to be. Leadership does a great job of letting you take charge and making sure you’re on the right track. We take risks at Redbrick - we build new technologies. If something isn’t possible, we try to figure out how to make it work. That’s pretty rad”
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in-office. In-office time brings many perks however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Media Buyer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with Assembly’s marketing team and other employees to grow and acquire users for our internal (and external) properties, products, partnerships and services;
- Planning and executing a digital strategy, focused on Native traffic;
- Building, launching, optimizing and scaling campaigns across various ad networks;
- Aligning budgets and campaign strategy with company goals and initiatives;
- Managing various split tests to optimize performance;
- Liaising with creative, content, tech and adops teams for larger creative and technical optimizations, experiments and projects with the ambition of growth;
- Forging relationships with account managers and strategic partnerships;
- Building and maintaining data spreadsheets for company stakeholders to review;
- Visualizing data problems and opportunities with reports, graphs and charts;
- Other duties as required
After 1 week
- You are beginning to understand how our business and teams operate and are excited to help grow our business.
- Have digested important information and you are starting to build campaigns, planning tests and experiments.
After 1 month
- Starting to launch multiple campaigns and tests.
- You have also started to craft a big-picture strategy of our current native acquisition and understand the capabilities and opportunities in front of us.
- Beginning to expand on our current strategy and bring it to the table present it to the team.
After 6 months
- You are driving profit for the business and are focused on scale.
- You have executed your proposed strategy and you are seeing results.
- You have integrated yourself as a key member of the team and are partnering well with all departments of Assembly.
- Not only are you showing success for the company after 6 months, but you are also enjoying what you do and planning for the next stage of growth for Assembly.
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Media Buyer for Assembly, these are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 2+ years of buying digital media, with experience running Native traffic
- Comfortable organizing and presenting data.
- Knowledge of advanced Excel formulas are a bonus
- Love data and the challenges and opportunities that it unfolds
- Gets a kick out of ad copy and creatives, can produce high output
- You want to win! Motivated, goal-driven and results orientated
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to any projects you are proud of. In the cover letter take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team. Please apply here: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=106
Redbrick and Assembly are committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level