Mobile Software Developer
Mobile Software Developer
NetMotion Software by Absolute
Originally a Seattle-headquartered network security company, NetMotion was recently acquired by Absolute Software based out of Vancouver, BC. Together, we are excited about providing our customers with Absolute’s endpoint management and security, combined with NetMotion’s network security platform. Bringing together the best of both product suites will offer customers the chance to secure their workforce from top to bottom—the network, the applications, and the devices—no matter where they choose to work.
Alongside NetMotion’s Seattle office and Absolute’s Vancouver office, NetMotion Victoria is a fast-growing part of the organization. With over 20 people working from the modern downtown office (albeit largely remotely for the time being), it is one of the core locations for a company with big ambitions.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a junior developer or recent graduate to join our small but highly productive team as a mobile app developer. If you work here, you’ll experience software development from entire codebases to shipping products. You’ll not only help define, design, and develop our products, but you’ll also have opportunities to interact with executives, customers, sales, marketing, and operations. We’re currently in a remote work phase, but once we make our return to the office, this position will be based out of our Victoria office.
We develop software for Windows and Linux servers, iOS, MacOS and Android clients, Windows desktops, and cloud-hosted services. Our battle-hardened products are written in C++, C#, Java, Swift, and Objective-C. At NetMotion, you’ll get as much responsibility as you earn.
- Assist in the continuing development of our shipping iOS, MacOS and Android clients
- Write code in Java, Swift, Objective-C, and C++
- Be a valued member of a self-managed, cross-functional team using Agile methods
- Receive the training and mentoring you desire
- Pursue your responsibilities as you see fit, limited only by the needs of your team
- Stay up-to-date and be able to influence how things are done
- Receive opportunities to develop your career in the direction you want
- A passion for developing software for mobile platforms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent
- A recent graduate, but preference given to candidates with co-op or professional experience
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering
- Self-managed, asking the right question when needed, and able to delve into unknowns
- Express your thoughts in ways that improve your work, your team, and the culture around you
- Excellent communication skills
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Skilled at application development on iOS and/or macOS using Xcode, or Android using Android Studio
- Familiarity with client/server architectures
- Understanding of computer networks and protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, DNS, and PKI
- A passion for technology beyond “just a job”
- Personality traits relevant to NetMotion’s culture such as: a sense of humor, equanimity, and zeal
A cover letter succinctly describing your fit for this position will be read and appreciated.
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of the US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP/ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquarted in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, London, Tokyo, Sydney, and Frankfurt.
Why You'll Love It Here:
- You'll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also just happen to have a great sense of humor
- You'll be challenged, solving difficult problems that will make a meaningful difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
- You'll be encouraged to experiment with new technology, including dogfooding our own products on the latest operating systems and mobile devices
- You'll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
- You'll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, and Group RRSP Plan
- You'll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
- You'll be an important and valued contributor in a growing company, joining a world-class team in downtown Victoria
If you're a junior developer in the Victoria area ready to launch your career in product development, then we'd love to hear from you!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level