Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
Our Name: Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc.
Location: Victoria, BC (Remote potential)
Read more about us on our site: Smart Dolphins IT Solutions
Smart Dolphins is a local Victoria, BC company that is in the business of helping other businesses with their technology.
Our culture and atmosphere is positive, open and dynamic. We love our Dolphin lives and always strive to help and elevate each other. We are awesome and we have proof! We are certified as a "Great Place to Work" and placed 15th in the national standing of top 50 businesses with under 50 employees. Check us out here!
The Virtual IT Manager (vITM) (Network Administrator) is responsible for the delivery of the proactive onsite network administration component of the Smart Dolphins Managed Service program to an assigned customer base. The vITM facilitates our goal of providing world class service to our clients by thoroughly understanding and consistently performing services that adhere to our proprietary managed IT services methodology. This will be achieved by utilizing and participating in the evolution and development of our systems and procedures within the vITM Role; and by working in unison with the Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO), Support Team and Centralized Services delivery areas to ensure a consistent, outstanding customer experience. The vITM will also be called upon to consult on and participate in providing both project and reactive professional services that fall outside the scope of the Managed Services program.
- Participate in onboarding new clients, including performing network assessments and creating technical documentation.
- Travel to client sites to perform proactive and reactive network support services.
- Manage client LAN/WAN, virtual environments, storage, backup and security technologies.
- Analyze client LAN and WAN infrastructure to identify technology lifecycle anomalies, issues, faults, and inferior configurations.
- Work with the vCIO to educate clients on best use and configuration of LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Help identify risks within clients IT environments.
- Attend client technology steering meetings and support the vITM in presenting business technology concepts, options and solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation library for client system configurations.
- Work cross functionally with other support teams to deliver comprehensive IT solutions.
- Troubleshoot and repair local and wide area network technology, including operating systems, hardware, and application software.
- Work on/with the reactive support (service desk) team as often as required. Initially, the candidate will work on the service desk team, learning about our customers and how to be an awesome service desk member.
- Use prescribed applications to deliver our Technology with Porpoise Program.
- Track all time within Smart Dolphin’s ticketing system.
- Attend and participate in Team meetings.
- Provide project, time and materials services and on-call after hours customer support as scheduled.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years of full time hands on experience managing business class desktop / network technologies.
- Remote Experience Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7, 10 in a business environment
- Remote Experience managing/ troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Proficient with Active Directory Administration and Group Policy Management
- Proficient LAN/ WAN Network Connectivity Troubleshooting Experience
- Proficient managing and configuring Hyper V
- Proficient configuring/ Troubleshooting Firewalls
- Proficient configuring/ Troubleshooting Network Switches including VLANs
- Experience with Backup/ Disaster Recovery Devices
- Experience Configuring/ Troubleshooting NAS devices
- Experience with Remote Management Tools
- One or more technical certifications (MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA)
Additional experience with:
- Lab Tech
- Dell Servers
- Cloud services: Office 365
- Meraki, OpenDNS security technology
- APC UPS and Powerchute
General Performance Expectations:
- 3 years’ experience in a related position.
- Flexible working hours to accommodate the occasional change that requires business interruption.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Dresses in a manner that professionally represents our company.
- Is punctual and meets commitments.
- Reliable transportation to get to client sites must be readily available.
Personal Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Regular client site visits required, multiple times per week
- Documentation Compliance: 100%
- Ticket Update Compliance: 100% of tickets updated every day
More important than specific skills is the candidate’s attitude toward people, technology and Smart Dolphins. A strong technical foundation with a corresponding confident and driven approach to learning and serving clients.
Finding the right person is of paramount importance to us. We hope that this overview of the opportunity sparks a strong interest in that right person. If you feel that this person is you, please submit your via the link provided. We like to receive an up-to-date and applicable resume with a brief cover letter describing why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
Are you the one?
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Junior Level