Payroll & Benefits Administrator - Redbrick
Payroll & Benefits Administrator - Redbrick
Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
Redbrick is committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching (Canada) and 401k (US)
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
"Redbrick is the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Payroll and Benefits Administrator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Processing several scheduled payrolls per month (biweekly and semimonthly)
- Reviewing reports for accuracy
- Liaising with internal and external payroll contacts as needed
- Off cycle adhoc payruns as required
- Annual T4 processing for all Canadian employees
- Onboarding and orienting new hires in both our Canada and USA locations with their payroll and benefits, which will include:
- Setting up new hires in our HRIS (BambooHR), payroll platform and Professional Employer Organization (PEO) platform
- Ensuring all new hire documents are received (TD1 tax forms, W-4 tax form, direct deposit form, I-9 verification)
- Overseeing the new hire benefits enrollment process, which includes scheduling information sessions and managing the electronic enrollments through carrier sites
- Administration of onboarding and off-boarding employees and changes in the following platforms:
- Payroll system
- Benefit portals (Canadian employees: Group Benefits, RRSP, Employer Assistance Program)
- HRIS portal (BambooHR)
- PEO portal (USA employees)
- Benefits Administration:
- Managing Canadian and USA benefits, which includes:
- Canada: Group health benefits, EAP, RRSP, LOAs
- USA: Medical plans, FSA, 401K, STD, annual open enrollment, LOAs
- Scheduling payroll and benefit related lunch n’ learn sessions throughout the year
- Working closely with representatives at our PEO (USA) to ensure benefit administration, open enrollment, employee updates are processed seamlessly
- Annual renewals and recommendation of benefit plans changes to management
- USA Leave of Absence Administration:
- Working closely with employees and our PEO to administer all the necessary documentation for leave of absence requests
- Preparation and filing of government remittance filings (WCB, EHT, etc.).
- Answering day to day questions from employees and management regarding all things payroll and benefits
- Managing time-off policies within our HRIS (updates, changes, creating new policies, etc)
- Being the subject matter expert (SME) in our HRIS
- Running various reports as requested by management
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humored. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Payroll and Benefits Administrator with Shared Services, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent ability to prioritize and organize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3-4 years of payroll and/or benefits administration experience
- Experience with multiple entities would be extremely helpful
- Experience in various Canadian Provinces and US payroll and benefits considered an asset
- PCP considered an asset but not required
- Ability to resolve conflict or issues in a timely, effective and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter and resume. Please apply here: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=147
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level