Closing Date: August 31, 2022
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) is one of the largest asset managers in Canada. With $211.1 billion of managed assets, BCI invests globally on behalf of public sector clients. We do fulfilling and meaningful work that makes a difference: 630,000 pension plan beneficiaries and 2.5 million British Columbian workers depend on our clients’ returns. Ensuring their continued financial security is important to us.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity.
BCI is focused on building a culture of excellence through our people practices and employee led initiatives. Being named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers is recognition of BCI’s ongoing effort to be a progressive workplace of choice that continues to attract, retain and promote talent professionals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on the specialized skills and expertise of its people to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs.
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
Do you have a deep knowledge of the ServiceNow platform? Do you possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances? If you love technology and have a passion for working on new projects, new technologies, and new challenges, and want to hone your technical skills, this opportunity is for you.
Be on the frontlines of exciting projects and supporting their existing instances. Working against a platform maturity roadmap, you bring advanced configuration and administrator skills and work closely with other technical teams to deliver products and services in an Agile/hybrid environment.
We are excited to offer a way of working that provides flexibility in the workforce while maintaining operational readiness! By blending remote and in-office work, we are able to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that comes with working from home, and the collaboration, teamwork and sense of belonging that comes from working together face-to-face.
This work can be done from our Victoria or Vancouver office location, with travel between the two cities (paid for by BCI).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma or equivalent experience in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum three-five years of experience with platform configuration at an intermediate to senior level
- Experience administering Service Now and other cloud-based environments
- Experience with Agile (Lean, Kanban, or Scrum) and DevOps methods and practices
- Experience working as part of a technical team to analyze complex problems, identify issues, and deliver effective and efficient solutions collaboratively
- Excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to the investment management industry is an asset
Your skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. We strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Leads the technical delivery and continuous improvement for ServiceNow on a regular sprint cadence as part of an Agile delivery team
- Leads the technical requirements for assigned platform capabilities and supporting technologies and serves as the technical subject matter expert
- Develops platform maturity roadmaps with an understanding of business objectives and technical needs and identifies opportunities for standardization, automation, and optimization
- Designs, configures, and maintains platform capabilities and supporting technologies, services, and environments aligned with platform maturity roadmaps and based on best practices
- Delivers projects and develops technical documentation and communications, ensuring that all project deliverables meet internal technology governance standards
- Contributes to procurement processes including the development and evaluation of Requests for Proposals and provides operational oversight for external resources
- Proactively identifies risks and issues, proposes solutions to remove barriers, and provides advanced levels of platform administration, troubleshooting, and remediation support
- Creates and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Cultivates and shares knowledge with others through internal technical communities and artifacts to create a strong culture of team-based collaboration
- Applies knowledge of Agile methods and participates in team activities, ceremonies, and efforts to continuously improve processes including business-facing demonstrations, backlog development and refinement, sprint planning, and team retrospectives
- Designs, configures, and maintains ServiceNow applications and services
- Facilitates the implementation and integration of all ServiceNow modules
- Implements ServiceNow system integrations and automation with Active Directory and SCCM
- Establishes and applies ServiceNow configuration and development standards consistently across all environments
BCI’s Technology department plans, provides, maintains, and supports business applications and information technology infrastructure. The Technology department is foundational to BCI - working as a strategic partner to provide technology that supports investment processes and all other business activities.
WHY WORK AT BCI?
BCI is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and has built programs and benefits to support all our employees. As an employee of BCI you will have access to benefits such as:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Participation in our defined benefit pension plan
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Various wellness benefits
This role is in our Victoria OR Vancouver office. We offer relocation support for the selected candidate.
Apply now! Interviews will commence as applications are received. https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BCI_Careers/job/Platform-Engineer--ServiceNow_JR100203
BCI has previously enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the wellbeing of all employees. This policy is currently suspended and may be reinstated based on level of risk to BCI employees or Provincial Health Order requirements.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at: https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level