Product Designer, Electronics
Product Designer, Electronics
About Go Power!
Go Power! is a trusted, recognized leader in mobile power technology. Now with over 1 million solar panels sold, Go Power! is poised to be one of the largest off-grid solar power suppliers to the RV, Fleet and Marine markets in North America.
For 25 years, our solar panels, power inverters, charge controllers, and batteries have offered a durable, dependable, and cost-effective solution for mobile power needs where grid power is inaccessible, unavailable, or unsustainable.
The Product Designer, Electronics is responsible for providing design level electrical hardware and firmware input and execution for product development and improvement activities. Within this role, your primary activities include input to project time and cost scoping and key aspects of design creation, validation and qualification to allow the successful migration of product design through to final pilot and transfer to manufacturing.
• Electrical hardware specification for design to meet performance and reliability expectations of the product and customer.
• Electrical hardware prototyping and validation.
• Specify microcontroller pin-out and other design details to aid in Firmware development.
• Design and write high-quality C and C++ code targeted for embedded systems.
• Apply standards and protocols to meet requirements of system needs.
• Debug and test firmware and algorithms, optimizing product functionality.
• Product, hardware, and firmware qualification testing including testing and integration testing.
• Troubleshooting, fault analysis and technical support for new designs and legacy products.
• Write product and electrical design documentation.
• Contribute to and conceive process improvement initiatives.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of product configuration and bill-of-materials data.
• Suggest/implement electronics improvements to increase testability and reliability and decrease time to market.
• Safety compliance management of both existing and new products.
• Gather requirements from customers, make recommendations and contribute to system designs to ensure Go Power! products are installed properly and safely.
• Contribute to creating a culture of ongoing continuous improvement.
• Provide support to peers and other departments with the collective aim of improving Go Power!'s value.
• Adhere to and promote Go Power!’s quality, safety and corporate policies and objectives.
• Other duties as are typical in the Product Design, Electronics role in the industry.
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
• 3-5 years of experience in electrical hardware and firmware design
• Familiarity with low-power design, switching regulators, solar charging and LED drivers an asset.
• Familiarity with CAN bus communication protocols such as J1939, touch screen interfaces, shunt based current sensors, ARM Cortex-M and Bluetooth Low Energy an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter on our careers page: https://gpelectric.com/careers
Thank you to all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level