Product Designer - Go Power!
Product Designer - Go Power!
Contribute to the design, development, testing and production for solar-powered products
Go Power! is hiring! An industry leader in mobile power solutions and solar power since 1996, our rapidly growing team Columbia means we need to add to our engineering team. We are seeking a Product Designer who will:
Contribute to the design, development, testing and production of reliable and efficient electric/electronic solutions for solar-powered and related products, hardware and firmware.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical hardware specification for design to meet performance and reliability expectations of the product and customer.
- Electrical hardware prototyping and validation.
- Design and develop PCB schematics and layouts for electronic systems
- Prepare documents for PCB fabrication and assembly
- Specify microcontroller pin-out and other design details to aid in Firmware development.
- Design and write high-quality C and C++ code targeted for embedded systems.
- Apply standards and protocols to meet requirements of system needs.
- Debug and test firmware and algorithms, optimizing product functionality.
- Product, hardware, and firmware qualification testing including testing and integration testing
- Troubleshooting, fault analysis and technical support for new designs and legacy products.
- Write product and electrical design documentation.
- Contribute to and conceive process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of product configuration and bill-of-materials data.
- Suggest/implement electronics improvements to increase testability and reliability and decrease time to market.
- Safety compliance management of both existing and new products.
- Gather requirements from customers, make recommendations and contribute to system designs to ensure Go Power! products are installed properly and safely.
- Contribute to creating a culture of ongoing continuous improvement.
- Provide support to peers and other departments with the collective aim of improving Go Power!'s value.
And who brings the following:
- Knowledge of electrical power systems including batteries, converters, inverters and AC power, solar controllers, solar panels and wiring
- Knowledge of Product Development protocols and processes
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Understanding of Electronic components, PCB layout/ layer stack up, and library management
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN)
- Familiarity with Wireless networking technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth/BLE, Thread)
- Experience with hand tools and common diagnostic equipment
- Familiarity with low-power design, switching regulators, solar charging and LED drivers an asset.
- Familiarity with CAN bus communication protocols such as J1939, touch screen interfaces, shunt based current sensors, ARM Cortex-M and Bluetooth Low Energy an asset.
- Self-starter and an intuitive learner of strategies, and new tech tools
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
We offer competitive compensation, full benefits, access to a bonus structure, and a fun work environment with a talented team of long-term, committed people. Join us in the exciting world of mobile renewable energy solutions.
To apply, send your resume, with a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience using the form below, or by emailing email@example.com.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level