Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking for an experienced Agile Product Owner to lead our product feature development within our Research & Development Software department. This is a dynamic and challenging role, and the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high value features on a predictable timeline, while maintaining the highest standards of quality. The Product Owner will be relied upon to identify, prioritize and manage product requirements, work with customers, management, and other stakeholders, as well as collaborate with the product software development team to ensure quality design and implementation of product features.
In addition to the rich, challenging and engaging nature of the role, we also offer a competitive total compensation package, and a balanced work environment with an outstanding culture to match.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Be the voice of and champion our product’s customers
- Understand our product marketplace; anticipate market opportunities and innovate product solutions
- Formulate and direct our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Collect, articulate, and prioritize requirements from product stakeholders (own and manage product backlog)
- Project Management
- Write Agile User Stories with Testable Acceptance Criteria
- Work with development team to estimate scope, risk, and effort of planned work
- Participate in all Agile Scrum activities (triage, story grooming, sprint planning, scrums, retrospectives)
- Occasional travel and on-site customer visits
- Report and track team, product, and project status
- Elevate impediments/issues to management
- Communicate and Coordinate with Customers, TechComm, Marketing, QA, and Customer Support
- Promote and inspire continuous improvement in everything we do
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field/degree)
- Passionate about and experienced in Agile software development
- Passionate about HVAC industry, green building concepts, and our customers’ needs
- 3+ years experience as an Agile Product Owner
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Comfortable and effective working with cross-functional teams through changing requirements and dynamic environments
- Product-driven focus, able to sort priorities and make difficult needs-based decisions
- Collaborative mindset, proven track record of guiding teams and stakeholders towards pragmatic consensus leading to high value product roadmaps and implementations
- Experience in an Agile development environment is preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification would be a bonus
- Experience with project management (certified PMP would be an asset)
- Experience in HVAC industry, preferably applications engineering or similar exposure would be an asset.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at www.reliablecontrols.com under the "Careers" section.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level