The Production Assembler is responsible for performing operations in the final meter assembly work cells. This includes assembling, testing, and boxing various products while following work instructions. New Hires will undergo training followed by certification while learning Lean Manufacturing concepts. Assemblers must be able to work in an energetic environment and have passion in achieving daily productivity targets while respecting our Safety, Quality, Environmental and Covid-19 policies.
What will you do?
- Prepare, process, clean, install, assemble, rework, verify, test, solder, and/or inspect electrical and mechanical components, hardware, sub assemblies, and assemblies on single or multiple product lines
- Operate shop equipment and tools where applicable
- Adhere to environmental and safety procedures associated with production processes and procedures
- Use work instructions, drawings, methods, diagrams, workmanship standards or other specifications in accordance with established assembly procedures
- Monitor and record related documentation to meet quality requirements
- Follow production build rates, schedules and meet time standards
What qualifications will make you successful?
- A high school diploma
- Good written, verbal, reading and math skills
- Strong manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use manual tools and light power tools
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- Familiarity with 5S and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Ability to Stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to perform other duties based upon business needs
- Previous Manufacturing or Electronics knowledge is an asset
- Must be flexible working either morning shift or afternoon shift (Afternoon shift is eligible for shift premium)
- Competitive wages
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Annual discounted stock purchase offer
- Company matched retirement savings program
- Extended health and dental benefits. Basic and optional life insurance. Disability insurance
- Paid Time Off: 19-29 days based on length of service. 12 paid stat holidays annually
- Paid Time Off purchase program
- Paid Family leave (12 weeks for primary parent, 2 weeks for secondary parent)
- Employee and Family assistance program
- Well-being program (training and coaching for healthy habits, and rewards for achievements)
- Internal mobility
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Find Your Meaningful Purpose with a Career at Schneider Electric
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level