Iris Dynamics Ltd.
Are you passionate about robotics, VR, gaming, electromagnetics, and working with groundbreaking technologies? Are you looking for the opportunity to work and learn? If yes, then this position with our team is for you!
It’s our mission to change the way machines are controlled. Iris Dynamics is an industry-leading engineering development firm that is growing at lightning speed. We design and build specialized electromagnetic devices that are being used in everything from gaming equipment, to autonomous cars. We are seeking innovative thinkers, builders, nerds, and designers to help us further develop and grow our company. Iris Dynamics is committed to inclusivity and adhering to public health official recommendations with respect to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We are seeking a Production Technician/Technologist who will provide support in the production of proprietary state-of-the-art electromagnetic technologies. As part of our team, you will assist with building our new production environment along with fabricating, assembling, testing, and shipping one of the most advanced linear electric motors ever designed.
• Completing work orders at a variety of stations involving part fabrication and electromechanical assembly
• Carry out QA/QC procedures
• Complete fabrication tasks as required in the machine shop
• Perform mechanical and electrical assembly, repair, and testing
• Help maintain supplies and equipment, including keeping the shop a clean, organized, and safe working environment
• Help to ensure adherence to ISO standard processes
• Safe handling and use of various chemicals and hazardous substances (epoxies, cleaners, lubricants, etc)
• Pack and prepare product for shipments to clients
• Think on your toes, find solutions, and fix small problems before they become big ones
• Perform other job duties as assigned
As a successful candidate, you will possess a strong mechanical intuition, diagnostic skills, and extremely high attention to detail. Experience operating machines such as mills and lathes, along with the ability to read fabrication drawings is required.
You will have good social skills and enjoy working as part of a team. You will be able to give criticism respectfully and receive it constructively. Your sense of humor and work ethic are a big asset.
You will be fine working for periods of time with little supervision. A wide range of tasks and changing responsibilities should excite you.
• All exceptional applications will be considered
• Relevant experience (work or school) building and maintaining mechanical and/or electromechanical devices
• Attention to detail & the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to think on your feet and find solutions to problems
• Manual dexterity required for the safe operation of machinery and tools
• Machining (manual or CNC) experience and ability to read, follow, and propose updates to work instructions.
• Experience using small hand tools and other types of power equipment found in a a workshop (drills, taps, CAM, soldering, crimping, stripping, calipers, etc)
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required
• Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
• Computer literate; familiar with MS Windows, Word, Excel, etc.
• Bonus points if you can demonstrate previous projects (personal, school, or work) Experience in motor sports, robotics, gaming, aviation, automation, film/TV production, and fabrication would all be big ticket items
We expect all team members to demonstrate exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution skills, and a positive team mindset. As we are a growing company, supervisory experience will also be considered an asset.
We provide a flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits package, career advancement potential and, most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference in the technological field and beyond.
Please submit Cover Letter & Resume (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage applicants to submit a project portfolio outlining any professional, personal, or academic projects that highlight your relevant skills and experience.
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level