Consumer Protection BC
Posted: October 14, 2021
Location: Victoria, BC
Term: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $79,142.39 annually
Consumer Protection BC is looking for a Programmer/Analyst to join our team!
A day in the life:
Upon entering the office, you grab a cup of coffee and have a quick chat with your coworkers before settling in for a new day of meaningful work. Looking at your Outlook calendar, today you will be working with the Business Practices & Classification team, exploring how to improve their processes from a technical perspective. At lunch you join your co-workers for a potluck to raise funds for a local charity. For the afternoon, you are completing an important work order by debugging a license renewal.
In between your scheduled work and meetings, you are regularly help solve complex problems that save everyone around you time and headaches. You saved some time towards the end of the day to research some of the latest best practices in the field as you and highlight some of your takeaways to share at the next team meeting.
As you head out the door, you feel a great deal of satisfaction, knowing that your work has a significant impact and is part of a bigger picture. Being involved in projects that require you to think outside the box and be challenged with creative solutions. You appreciate the ability to be involved with other departments and appreciate the opportunity to learn something new every single day.
Who you are:
• A team player with the ability to influence and persuade others, maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external parties
• An engaged professional with the ability to reference and interpret changing IT landscapes and procedures to determine an appropriate course of action;
• A detail-oriented employee with the skills to organize and manage a high-volume workload while adjusting to changing priorities.
What you will be doing:
• Leading the technical design, development, integration and implementation of custom applications and the development, testing and implementation of user and system interfaces and designs.
• Participating in the maintenance of software development standards while ensuring compliance and making recommendations regarding the approval of exceptions.
• Designing, developing, and testing application solutions to ensure specific design requirements are adhered to and meet stringent functional and performance specifications.
• Ensuring interoperability within a complex multi-faceted environment, including performance, security, stability, resource requirements, support requirements and monitoring.
• Designing, developing, and documenting business system and procedural specifications and ongoing operational methods and ensuring implications of enhanced applications are understood both by users and other systems professionals.
We are looking for people who have:
• Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g., information technology, computer science and/or several years’ directly related experience and/or a combination of formal training and experience.
• Three or more years experience on system application projects using Microsoft .Net, Web services, SQL server and Microsoft Office Suite, including Project and Visio.
• Three or more years in development of business and system requirements for web and mobile applications.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role we invite you to review the complete job description by visiting www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/careers and submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An eligibility list may be established. Please contact Amber at email@example.com with questions.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC