Position Title: Project Coordinator
Closing Date: July 11, 2021
Pay Range: 24
Bi-Weekly Salary: $3,103.23 to $3,555.88
Bi-weekly Work Schedule: 75 hours
Location: Regional, BC
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Projects
The Project Coordinator is an integral part of the unit's business relationship with all client groups, negotiating services/timelines/costs and managing expectations. The position is responsible for determining the business requirements of clients in terms of desktop computing and the systems integration required to support all client business application systems. As part of ongoing requirements, the position must work with and coordinate the workflow of other team members.
Mandatory Experience, Education and Training
A. An undergraduate degree from a recognized university in business, information technology or related discipline plus a minimum of two years progressively more responsible Project Management experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
B. Proficiency in the following:
- Managing small-medium IT projects and/or programs.
- Providing leadership to small-medium teams.
- Providing clear professional verbal and written communication to a variety of recipients, including employees and clients.
- Managing priorities; allocating and coordinating the provision of project resources.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
We are looking for:
- An excellent communicator able to connect with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, both orally and in writing, and discuss complex and technical information at an appropriate level with the goal of providing a service.
- An individual able to deal effectively with resistant, demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at various levels within the customer organization while remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately.
- An individual able to plan, organize, coordinate, and manage small-medium projects, from initiation through to implementation, effectively and within time and resource constraints.
- A proactive individual who organizes and manages fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently, and independently in a variety of operational settings, achieving results within the assigned time frames.
- An individual who enjoys research and investigation. It includes assessing problems and situations, referring to applicable policies and guidelines, and identifying practical and creative options to develop or recommend appropriate courses of action.
- An individual eager to motivate, coach, train, monitor staff whose work output is key to complete work and projects.
- An individual willing to develop, manage and monitor multiple concurrent project budgets related to specific projects and initiatives
- A resourceful individual who applies information technology to efficiently troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems with computers, printers, peripherals and handheld devices A customer-oriented individual committed to quality of work and service excellence
The Successful candidate will be expected to:
- Maintain currency on trends and training in information technology and Project Management.
- Work outside the standards of hours of work as required.
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, you must visit https://www.ismcanada.com/careers to complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
This position can be done virtually, however, the candidate has to reside in the Province of British Columbia, due to the union certification requirements.
An eligibility list might be created.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level