Project Coordinator, IT
Project Coordinator, IT
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too! We are happy you have decided to explore a career with BC Transit, this is a great city to work and live in. We are passionate about helping reduce congestion in the city and providing a public service to everyone in BC (except for Metro Vancouver). We have innovative new bus lanes being installed from Colwood to Downtown in both directions, real time GPS being installed in the full fleet across the province and we are beginning to explore mobile payment options among other things. It is an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we are looking for fun, creative, passionate people to join our amazing team. Not only would you work with an incredible team, you would also receive great benefits and a pension plan to boot. Keep reading to find out if this role makes you feel excited to come to work each day!
What will you do?
As the successful candidates, you will play a key role, coordinating the activities of the project(s) in the technology portfolio. You will apply your organizational and prioritization skills to ensure that cost, schedule, scope, document control and quality standards are met. You are someone who can change gears quickly, as your daily tasks will range from simple to more complex, including schedule and risk management, updating project documentation, project financials and reporting, contract & task administration, and project status updates.
Working as part of a collaborative team, you will learn a great deal about the fundamentals of Project Management. You’ll specifically have the opportunity to:
• Supports the IT Portfolio Manager and the project managers to maximize productivity
• Organize and monitor project tasks and ensure that deadlines are met
• Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants & vendors efficiently
• Complete and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports for communication to internal and external stakeholders
• Monitor budgets, track invoicing, update financial forecasts, and completes all internal, provincial and federal reporting as directed by the Project Manager
• Assist in the development of contract related documentation and monitor contract milestones
• Monitor and update the project risk register, including outstanding issues and resolutions
• Complete any necessary administrative tasks such as meeting logistics, meeting minutes, action items tracking, calendar management, travel planning, etc.
What education and experience will you need to be successful?
We love lifelong learners and recommend the following mix of education or certifications to be successful in conjunction with relevant experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, certificate in Project Management, or educational equivalent/work experience
• Strong financial administrative skills, including cash-flow tracking and forecasting
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
• Able to proactively address potential issues
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
• Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
To view the full job description for this role please see the link below.
• The position requires the competition of a Criminal Record Check Or Vulnerable Sector Search
• Testing and assessments may be included as part of the recruitment process
• An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
• If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
BC Transit Offers
• Life Insurance
• Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
• Vacation (based on the terms outlined in the appropriate collective agreement or exempt policy handbook)
• Extended Health Benefits
• Pension Plan
• Health and Wellness Spending account
• Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots (not currently open due to COVID-19)
• A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus taxable dependant passes
• Career development and advancement opportunities
• Social Club
• Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing Excellent Values (REV)
Please apply directly on our careers page at the following link: https://bctransitcareers.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level