Project Designer is the latest opportunity to join our growing team at Encepta. In this role, you will work in a multidisciplinary environment on reshaping the way telecommunications companies design and deliver their services.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Performing outside plant telecommunications design, including civil and cable design, for fibre networks (GPON/FTTP), copper, coax cable, HFC, radio frequency and small cell designs
- Performing 2-D drafting using AutoCAD to support designs
- Performing site visits to collect measurements, observations, and photos
- Managing projects from inception to completion, including planning, status monitoring, addressing issues and ensuring outcomes are achieved
- Working well with clients, communicating effectively and building positive relationships
- Research and development of new processes and technology
- Understanding and correctly apply industry specifications and standards
- Upholding and promoting adherence to Training, Operating and Health and Safety Procedures
- Coordinate and manage field and construction teams to ensure cost/quality/schedule objectives are met
- Some occasional travel may be required
- Other duties and responsibilities subject to your managers discretion
What we are looking for:
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to think things through to arrive at a solution
- Completion of a certificate, degree or other accredited training in CADD, Electrical Engineering Technician, Civil or Structural Engineering Technician
- Knowledge of the telecommunications network design principles and processes
- Strong drafting skills, preferably in AutoCAD (2+ years experience preferred)
- Knowledge of pole line assessments is an asset
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members effectively
- Experience with SpatialNET software is an asset
Founded in 2012, Encepta is a leader in cutting-edge outside plant solutions for telecommunications, utilities and municipalities across Canada. We are a tight-knit team of professionals who love to innovate and push the boundaries of our industry. From planning to design, to management, we need your skills and expertise to support our growing coast-to-coast operations in all major Canadian cities. Encepta is the 2019 VIATEC Awards Team of the Year.
Everything we do day-to-day is guided by our values:
- Be curious: Because there is always a better way.
- Take pride: Get inspired by your own work.
- Work together: Collaboration is the key.
- Get it done: Keep your word.
- Do the right thing: Even when it is hard.
Working at Encepta, you can also expect everything you need to stay focused and productive while leading a balanced lifestyle:
- Lots of collaboration with the smartest and creative people in the industry
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental plans
- An Active Lifestyle spending account
- Paid vacation, sick time, flex days
- RRSP matching
Sounds great? We want to hear from you. Don’t hesitate to apply! Please submit your resume and let us know why you would be a great fit in your cover letter.
Apply at https://www.encepta.net/careers
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level, Intermediate Level, Senior Level