Project Engineer - Quester Tangent
Project Engineer - Quester Tangent
Project Engineers are responsible for the technical planning and execution of our contracts
Job Title: Project Engineer
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join the Quester Tangent Engineering team. As senior members within the Engineering Services Group, Project Engineers are responsible for the technical planning and execution of our contracts. Working in partnership with the assigned Project Manager, the Project Engineer assumes project leadership for all technical aspects, including effort estimation, task assignment, process tracking, documentation consumption and creation, requirements management, leading client technical discussions, presenting at design reviews, and tracking and reporting on all project aspects.
Furthermore, as the technical project lead, the Project Engineer represents the company in meetings with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders, with a focus on design details and project integration tactics.
The Project Engineer will work with other professionals developing high-quality products in a mature environment. You will work on state-of-the-art electronic systems and design methodology following robust industry standards.
How you will spend your time:
• Ensuring the successful completion of engineering product development and delivery projects.
• Managing project schedules, budgets, and scopes.
• Planning, scheduling, and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
• Developing, specifying, and monitoring Engineering Work Orders.
• Coordinating, preparing, reviewing, and approving engineering deliverables, such as technical publications, documentation, drawings, testing, and requirements management.
• Ensuring effective internal and client communications with a focus on maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders.
• Overseeing project plans by reviewing design specifications, plans, and schedule changes, and recommending actions.
• Maintaining project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving issues.
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering. Equivalent education or experience will be considered. Please include alternative experience in your application if applicable.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical projects and supervising multidisciplinary technical teams.
• Ability to work with technical teams to create innovative, yet maintainable solutions.
• Effective strategic communication skills and the ability to efficiently process complex technical
• Strong, organized self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable working in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
• Project-based technical management and/or team lead experience, particularly in high-tech software and/or electronics fields.
• PMP certification or other project management training.
• Experience with team building and change management methods.
• Experience with the implementation or definition of cybersecurity strategies, as well as other networking or Information Technology.
The successful candidate, equipped with substantial training and experience, will be entrusted with challenging responsibilities that align with their expertise. For those at an intermediate level, we provide dedicated time and mentorship to support their full development into the role. Salary considerations will be based on the individual's education level and years of experience in the field.
• Ability to travel internationally.
• Reliably commute to Saanichton, BC, or plan to relocate.
• Authorization to work in Canada.
Salary Range: $87,000 - $118,000, commensurate with experience.
Today’s passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens the company.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we take pride in offering a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and our location outside the downtown core provides a serene environment surrounded by natural green spaces. To facilitate various commuting preferences, we provide amenities such as showers and bicycle racks for cyclists, free parking for drivers, and easy access to a major bus route for those who prefer public transit.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Saanichton, BC (Local Hybrid)
How to apply:
Reply in confidence to:
Quester Tangent Corporation Attn: Human Resources
Send via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level, Senior Level