Project Engineer - Zetron
Project Engineer - Zetron
The Project Engineer integrates Zetron's custom systems at client locations
THE POWER TO RESPOND AND BE HEARD
Our Victoria, British Columbia office has been a center of engineering excellence since its founding in 1938. For over 80 years, we have been a trusted provider of LMR communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Now we are applying those standards of excellence to build and deliver interoperable end-to-end command & control systems across multiple industries and international markets.
Headquartered in Redmond, WA, USA, with centers of engineering excellence in Victoria, BC, Canada, and Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Zetron currently has over 40,000 console positions, hundreds of established partners and value-added resellers, and coverage in more than 100 countries. Zetron is an established global leader in connecting communications centers with field operations, personnel, and constituents.
About the role?
The Project Engineer serves in a key role and is responsible for integration and implementation of Zetron's custom systems solution within our client locations.
As a key member of the team, you must be able to:
• Assist with both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including, but not limited to, assessment of client needs, preparation of product specifications for development and installation.
• For all projects, create a custom system design based on client requirements and manage all technical aspects of the project through completion.
• Familiar with the contents of agreements and contracts that pertain to the project under management.
• Ensure accurate and timely production of engineering design documentation including, but not limited to, as-built system documentation, client needs assessment, requirements trace matrix, acceptance test procedures, bills of materials, installation and commissioning documents, and detailed upgrade procedures.
• Accurately maintain project and QA records including, but not limited to, fault records, test result sheets, configured records, and technical documentation.
• Provide technical expertise to the project manager and the ability to converse with the client, system sales, development engineering, and manufacturing to ensure the client’s expectations and technical requirements are met.
• Complete assigned tasks according to labor hour estimates and submit progress reports, both orally and in writing to the Project Manager.
• Development and delivery of all client training.
• Ability to travel overnight & internationally
What makes a successful Project Engineer?
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or in a related field preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years of recent and relevant experience in a similar type of role preferably deploying radio, telecommunications, IP networks or large-scale communications systems.
• In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: telecommunication computer networks, inclusive of desktop/server operating systems (Windows and Linux), analog/digital two-way radio and telephony, Layer 2/3 TCP/IP networking, and call taking systems for public safety first responders and similar applications.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution that takes downstream impacts into consideration. Ability to troubleshoot from different perspectives.
• Client-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests.
• Demonstrated experience with Business Analysis tools, including strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project.
• Must be proficient with remote working applications such as Teams, Zoom, TeamViewer, and Citrix.
• Must possess and maintain valid Driver’s License; Must be able to drive as part of performing job duties.
• Must be willing and able to satisfactorily pass background checks as required, as entry to a customer site may be contingent, by contract, upon the employee passing a drug test and/or ongoing background screen.
Benefits and Culture
At Zetron, we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas.
Our office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC and represents the best of west coast living. A stone’s throw from the ocean, we enjoy the charm of one of Victoria’s oldest neighbourhoods while being a walk away from the amenities of the downtown core.
As a full-time employee, you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
• Competitive benefits package
• Healthcare & Wellness Spending Account
• Company matched retirement savings program
• Short-term incentive plan
• Training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Interested in a career with us?
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future. The typical base salary hiring range for this position is CAD $70,000 to $85,000 per year.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level