Project Manager, IT
Project Manager, IT
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too! We are happy you have decided to explore a career with BC Transit, this is a great city to work and live in. We are passionate about helping reduce congestion in the city and providing a public service to everyone in BC (except for Metro Vancouver). We have innovative new bus lanes being installed from Colwood to Downtown in both directions, real time GPS being installed in the full fleet across the province and we are beginning to explore mobile payment options among other things. It is an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we are looking for fun, creative, passionate people to join our amazing team. Not only would you work with an incredible team, you would also receive great benefits and a pension plan to boot. Keep reading to find out if this role makes you feel excited to come to work each day!
What will you do as the Supervisor of IT Projects?
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of technology projects in accordance with specific deadlines, budget and complex funding constraints. You will work within all technical program areas (Applications and Infrastructure) and in support of other projects (for example, facilities renovations requiring technology). Collaboration is key, as you will work closely with the Supervisor, IT Projects, functional area sponsors/subject matter experts, as well as key internal and external stakeholders, local government and operating partners, and vendors to achieve objectives.
Specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage technology projects: develop detailed project plans that include scope, cost, schedule and quality; perform risk analysis, determine resources, oversee communications and records management.
- Maintain accurate budgetary tracking under structured and detailed federal funding scenario; provides regular reports and updates on team efforts to the Supervisor, IT Projects; ensures the accurate recording of progress and time expenditures; manages, tracks and ensures on time payments of invoices.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestone using appropriate tools; track and communicate milestones and deliverables.
- Develop, maintain and manage contract and vendor relationships; ensuring service level agreements are in accordance with contract.
- Manage the efforts of external contractors ensuring their work is on schedule and to the designated level of quality and defined standards; takes corrective action to remedy any concerns or issues.
- Prepare a variety of status reports and presentations for the Supervisor, IT Projects and relevant stakeholders in relation to the planning, implementation and progress of the project(s).
- In-province travel may be required.
What education will you need to be successful?
We love lifelong Learners and recommend the following mix of education or certifications to be successful in conjunction with relevant experience:
- Post-Secondary degree in computer science, business or engineering with a technology focus, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable experience in a related field combined with at least 5 years’ experience leading and managing complex projects.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent training is considered an asset for this position.
To view the full job description for this role and apply, visit: https://bctransitcareers.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1000
What else do I need to know about the competitive process?
- An assignment will be part of the competitive process for those who are shortlisted
- Interviews will take place on October 28 and 29, 2021
- The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
BC Transit Offers
- Comprehensive medical, dental and MSP group plan benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a “Gold Plated” defined benefit pension plan, meaning it’s the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retirement
- Access to Fitness and Lifestyle Centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and Health and Wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health
- A complimentary employee Bus Pass (plus two taxable dependent passes)
- A Corporate Learning and Development Program to help you in continuous career growth
- An Employee Recognition Program where we all recognize each other successes (not just your Leaders!)
- A Social Club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC