Reception and Office Coordinator
Reception and Office Coordinator
Redbrick is headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
“For me, it all comes down to the people. I feel so fortunate to be part of a team of talented, passionate, brilliant people who challenge and support me to do my best work every day. Every company emphasizes culture, but to Redbrick it’s everything. From the design of our office to how we recruit new members to our team, our culture is hardcoded into our company DNA. Here, we’ve built a culture of teamwork where everyone’s contributions are valued, and together we’re able to build truly great companies.”
— Olivia, Redbrick
About the role:
We think of the office as a second home and believe you should enjoy your work and the people you work with. We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. As a vital part of the People and Operations team, this role specifically will be an in-office position.
Are you in a customer-focused position and feel like you want to pivot into the tech industry? This might be the role for you. We are looking for a positive, energetic and outgoing Reception and Office Coordinator to hold a fundamental position on our team. The right fit is an individual who is upbeat and positive, a great communicator, confident, proactive, professional, detail-oriented, and people-focused. Being highly organized and a problem solver is key, as is the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks from start to completion. This is a generalist role that requires a high degree of flexibility and adaptability as the duties can fluctuate greatly day-to-day. This is a great opportunity to interact with people across all teams, as it is vital to supporting the overall success of every member of our team. Join a fun team, in a dynamic environment, in a role where you get to experience a variety of challenges and interact with lots of great people every day.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? As the Reception and Office Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for:
- Reception: Greeting our team and visitors and being omnipresent at our front desk.
- Maintaining the spacious office and ensuring everything runs smoothly.
- Assisting with various social events throughout the year (when such health orders allow) such as All Hands meetings, potlucks, lunch and learns, and our holiday party to name a few.
- Ordering office supplies, equipment, weekly fruit, snacks, and event supplies.
- Coordinating with external vendors with various requests for our office and general maintenance.
- Assisting the People Operations team with general administration tasks.
- Redbrick's onsite First Aid Attendant (level 2 training will be required).
What would we like to see in you?
Every Redbricker has 3 things in common: We’re curious, kind, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As the Reception and Office Coordinator, there are some extras we’re on the lookout for:
- You are an exceptional communicator.
- You have a happy disposition.
- You must have a vehicle.
- You can take on a project and/or events and run with it with little guidance.
- You can work independently or within a team setting.
- You have a strong capacity to multi-task and problem solve.
- You don’t mind being the last person to leave the office or an event.
- You have high standards when it comes to coordinating and running a facility.
- You provide exceptional customer service and time management skills.
- You maintain a professional attitude combined with discretion and diplomacy when working with confidential information.
- Having worked in any industry in an operational role previously is an asset.
- You value kindness and seek to work in an inclusive and supportive environment.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with a 1-page resume and a cover letter at https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=110
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
3. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level