Regional Sales Manager - Zetron
Regional Sales Manager - Zetron
The role as a Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sales of Zetron products in a specified area
Our Victoria, British Columbia office has been a center of engineering excellence since its founding in 1938. For over 80 years, we have been a trusted provider of LMR communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Now we are applying those standards of excellence to build and deliver interoperable end-to-end command & control systems across multiple industries and international markets.
Headquartered in Redmond, WA, USA, with centers of engineering excellence in Victoria, BC, Canada, and Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Zetron currently has over 40,000 console positions, hundreds of established partners and value-added resellers, and coverage in more than 100 countries. Zetron is an established global leader in connecting communications centers with field operations, personnel, and constituents.
About the role:
The role as a Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sales of Zetron products in a specified area, primarily through the reseller channel but direct end-users sales will also be required as circumstances required.
Efficiently manage a reseller distribution channel in an assigned area, included but not be limited to:
o Product and sales training of resellers
o Customer sales calls and end-user demonstrations
o Suggestions for new market opportunities
o Full understanding of market forces within your territory that affect sales
o Conduct sales seminars for end users and reseller employees.
Education and Requirements:
- Minimum Associate’s degree in in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Sciences, or in related area required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of successful track record in technical sales, in IP Networking, and either Land Mobile Radio or Telephony.
- Fluent English and French proficiency (written and spoken) strongly preferred or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent expertise.
What makes a successful Regional Sales Manager?
- Communicate with marketing and product management on marketing intelligence such as product trends and competitor’s products and pricing.
- Provide leads to Zetron “Advantage” newsletter editor for application articles.
- Present Zetron’s Cooperative Marketing Program (COOP) and the benefits it offers the reseller.
- Proficiency with Direct Sale deployments of ‘Mission Critical Command and Control Communication Systems’involving but not limited to: Radio Dispatch/RF Infrastructure, Telephony Systems (E911), Paging Systems, CAD,Logging Recorders and/or interfacing to such system supplied by others.
- Understanding of technical sales process; understanding of technical and costing responses to RFQ’s, RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Confidence and experience in a customer facing role, preferably using business-to-business consultative selling with professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the company
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with little supervision.
- Ability to speak persuasively and negotiate effectively
- Active listening and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent telephone manners and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, administrative and project management skills.
- Self-motivated and pro-active, team-player.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Must possess and maintain valid work state’s Driver’s License; driving records must be maintained in good standing.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Benefits and Culture:
At Zetron, we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas.
Our office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC and represents the best of west coast living. A stone’s throw from the ocean, we enjoy the charm of one of Victoria’s oldest neighbourhoods while being a walk away from the amenities of the downtown core.
As a full-time employee, you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthcare & Wellness Spending Account
- Company matched retirement savings program
- Short-term incentive plan
- Training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Interested in a career with us?
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future. The typical base salary hiring range for this position is CAD $80,000.00 to $105,000.00 per year. This role is eligible to participate in Zetron’s sales commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive 65% of base pay at target.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Not Applicable