Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative
Iris Dynamics Ltd.
Are you passionate about robotics, VR, gaming, electromagnetics, and working with groundbreaking technologies? Are you looking for the opportunity to work and learn? If yes, then this position with our team is for you!
Who Are You?
Organised, personable, influencer that loves making the connection between a client's challenges and a product you truly believe in. You emphasise with potential customers and patently look for opportunities where everyone wins. You’ve had experience at the customer level in any industry and have a flair for marketing and communications. You are excited to spend every day learning about our industry, our clients, our processes and our products. You're also excited to look for opportunities to improve our processes and products.
Who Are We?
It’s our mission to change the way machines are controlled. Iris Dynamics is an industry-leading engineering development firm that is growing at lightning speed. We design and build specialised electromagnetic devices that are being used in everything from gaming equipment, to autonomous cars. We are seeking innovative thinkers, builders, nerds, and designers to help us further develop and grow our company. Iris Dynamics is committed to inclusivity and adhering to public health official recommendations with respect to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We are seeking a Sales Development Representative who will provide sales and marketing support of proprietary state-of-the-art electromagnetic technologies. As part of a team, you will be responsible for moving a client from Prospect to Marketing Qualified Lead through to Sales Qualified Lead for a new linear electric motor product Iris is bringing to market. You will find and screen potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, you will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales closers up for success.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential sales outlets
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
- Monitoring the market and developing competitive analyses
- Research background data for use in making strategic sales and marketing decisions
- Write content, edit and proofread copy for communication materials to ensure that it aligns with company tone and brand
- Support the work of internal and external copywriters, designers, video production, and animators who may assist with campaign activity
- Ensure consistent branding and tone for all campaigns and content pieces
- Execute B2B social media advertising campaigns, including creation, continuous optimization, and reporting
- Develop on-brand content to supplement social media channels
- Monitor social media channels to develop strong relationships with online audiences, draft responses to questions and comments for approval by the Manager, Digital Experience
- Assist with the overall creation and execution of digital communication campaigns to ensure they are on budget, on time and on target and report any overspend
- Track, measure and report on the campaign performance against agreed-upon metrics, analyse gaps and execute action plans to course-correct as the campaign unfolds.
- Maintain good record keeping through CRM and online file structures.
As a successful candidate, you will possess excellent communication (written, oral, and digital) skills. You understand social media and are a regular on platforms such as Youtube, Reddit, and Linkedin. Experience in engineering, robotics, or related industries would be a plus.
You will have excellent social skills and enjoy working as part of a team. You will be able to give criticism respectfully and receive it constructively. Your sense of humour and work ethic are a big asset.
You will be fine working for periods of time with little supervision. A wide range of tasks and changing responsibilities should excite you.
All exceptional applications will be considered
Co-op, diploma or degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, journalism or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and training
Previous experience creating digital campaigns or writing digital content
Previous experience with B2B and/or Engineering focused marketing
Attention to detail & the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Ability to think on your feet and find solutions to problems
Exceptional communication skills required (Written, Phone, Video, and In Person)
Computer literate; familiar with MS Windows, Word, Excel, etc.
Experience With the Following Software Applications an Asset
- LinkedIn Navigator
We expect all team members to demonstrate exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution skills, and a positive team mindset. As we are a growing company, supervisory experience will also be considered an asset.
We provide a flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits package, career advancement potential and, most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference in the technological field and beyond.
Please submit Cover Letter & Resume (including references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage applicants to submit a project portfolio outlining any professional, personal, or academic projects that highlight your relevant skills and experience.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level