SAP Business Analyst
SAP Business Analyst
Capital Regional District
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Resource Planning, this position is an integral part of a functional team responsible for the ongoing support and development of the CRD’s Enterprise Resource Planning system, SAP. The position is part of a support team responsible for day to day support related to SAP, oversees development projects, training programs, Helpdesk activities, annual support package test routines, SAP roles/authorizations and functions as a technical expert in a variety of SAP modules.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborates with business units to define functional requirements and functional designs to support the organization’s strategy and future business goals
• Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generates innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges
• Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design work sessions including creating business presentations, communications, and documentation
• Leads functional system design in the development of SAP modules
• Directs consulting services, ensuring project work meets desired outcomes
• Prepares and delivers system demonstrations to stakeholders to validate business approach
• Identifies creative solutions to business requirements, analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations
• Works with SAP, external vendors and consulting firms to obtain additional insights, approaches and solutions to various business requirements
• Provides IT resource estimates for preparation of business case and project costing
• Executes projects utilizing current project management standards and protocols
• Follows all defined technology standards and processes and provides input for improvements as required and/or identified
• Provides expertise to train and support groups as appropriate before system go-lives
• Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
• Uses an effective interpersonal style to build, inspire, and sustain a cohesive team by focusing the team on its mission and importance of the role to organizational success
• Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
• Performs other related duties as required
• A related Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in SAP or equivalent ERP functional design and development or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proven experience being involved in or leading SAP or equivalent ERP development projects
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
• Experienced working within an Enterprise Architecture, where systems and data have many inter-relationships and dependencies and an understanding of the critical nature of these relationships.
• Experienced in information technology systems design and development methodologies as related to the systems development lifecycle.
• Excellent business systems and process analysis skills in a complex computerized environment.
• Ability to understand and support a large range of systems including but not limited to, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, Utilities, Maintenance Management, Asset Accounting, Project Systems and Real Estate Management.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to elicit requirements from business users including experience facilitating requirements analysis and functional design working sessions.
• Experience managing teams of consultants focused on multiple simultaneous projects.
• Strong leadership skills to provide advice and guidance to team members.
• Strong project management skills to ensure projects are delivered in scope, on time and within budget.
• Direct experience with business process re-engineering.
• High level of proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level