Vivid Solutions is a software development company that creates and implements innovative technology solutions. We thrive on tackling challenges and developing solutions that help people and businesses do what they do even better.
With a focus on value and quality, we work closely with our clients to identify the strategic needs of their business to determine the technology capabilities required to support their goals. We help our clients navigate their specific situations to enable them to confidently address technology-related decisions and create enduring results.
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to provide leading IT services to our clients.
- Guide and coach the Scrum Teams on how best to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high-quality products and services to our customers.
- Facilitate and support all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Get the teams to a high-performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Coach the Scrum teams in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Take ownership of major incidents, ensuring coordination of resolutions, effective communication to Product Owners and Stakeholders, and incident retros/learnings.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of product/project development experience on an Agile Team.
- Certified Scrum Master Certification.
- Expert experience coaching and promoting Agile values and principles.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of agile frameworks and methods (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), and understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices.
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques.
- Expert experience with JIRA/Confluence and agile planning/tracking tools.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Nice to have:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Experience in implementing DevOps.
- Project management qualification (PMP etc.).
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Flexible hours & work-from-home options.
- Team events.
- Professional Development.
- Personal Health and Wellness benefit.
- A company that’s committed to a work-life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level