Quester Tangent Corporation
Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced Software Scrum Master to perform a vital role in the development and quality of our software. As a Scrum Master, you will be involved in all stages of the software product development lifecycle. You will be working with the Software Product Owners and development team in order to deliver our clients’ needs in a timely fashion.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. An incumbent with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. An intermediate level incumbent will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
How you will spend your time:
- Working with Software Product Owners to establish the goals, scope and product domain.
- Planning and scheduling of the sprint
- Coaching development team and providing voice of reason
- Scheduling of critical resources and removing impediments from the development team.
- Collecting and reporting software metrics
- Facilitating Scrum Events
- Coordinating with development team members to ensure that software is designed to organizational requirements
- Ensuring Task definitions have the correct content for development team consumption
All work is performed at the office. The ability to travel is not a requirement for this position, but travel opportunities may be available if the applicant shows interest and aptitude for working in the field (only when it is again safe to do so).
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.
What you will need to succeed:
- Diploma or degree in Software Engineering; or related education and experience
- 2+ years Scrum development environment including sprint planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Familiarity with a Software Development Standards
- Strong Knowledge of software release process
- Technical competence in computers, networking, operating systems and web technology
Experiences that will help you thrive:
This position requires the following types of skills to be successful. Experience in every area is not a prerequisite. On-the-job training will be provided to fill in any gaps.
- Familiarity with IEEE SW standards (1558 applies to rail equipment)
- Experience with Test Automation and Metric Generation
- Experience with scripting languages
We are expanding our rail transit electronics and software business and are looking for an individual to work hard and share in our success. We have a strong track record of bringing innovative monitoring, diagnostics, and control electronics to the urban rail transit market. Come share in our success.
We are proud of our stringent protocols designed to keep our team safe.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail to Human Resources: email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level