Scrum Master - Zetron, a Codan Company
Scrum Master - Zetron, a Codan Company
The Power to Respond and Be Heard
A British Columbia company founded in 1938 and operating in Victoria BC, we are a trusted provider of communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Whether they are conducting a search and rescue, containing a fire, maintaining safety, or providing security at a profile event, Zetron makes sure the customer can be heard over the mountain, throughout the city, or across the globe.
We invite you to join our mission!
We are seeking a dedicated and engaging Scrum Master for our Software department. In this role, you will support our product development teams in implementing and continually improving their Scrum practices as well as acting as an advocate for Agile and Scrum within our organization.
As a Scrum Master, you will:
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Sprint Review, Backlog Refinement) and support teams in being accountable to their goals and processes
- Support teams in being accountable for their goals, processes, and each other
- Enable teams to visualize their progress, and impediments to progress
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in team progress across the organisation
- Leverage stakeholder relationships to remove impediments to team progress support teams by taking action to remove impediments to progress
- Contribute to cross-team identification of improvement opportunities
- Facilitate strategic problem-solving to identify actions to exploit identified opportunities
What Are We Looking For?
- Scrum Master® certification or greater
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Communications, or related field will be considered an asset
- Candidates with at least one year of experience in the relevant role will be given preference
- Deep understanding of Agile development and scaling frameworks, with a preference for Scrum and Large Scale Scrum (LeSS)
- Experience coaching and facilitating remote, on-premises, and mixed teams
- Training in Change Management, Continuous Improvement process models is an asset
- Experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps, or equivalent tools will be considered an asset
- Experience working with product development teams in an OEM environment will be considered an asset
- Willingness to challenge the status quo in service of continuous improvement
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, Business Administration, Communications, or other related fields
- Training in Change Management or Continuous Improvement process models
- Experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps, or equivalent tools
- Experience working with product development teams in an OEM environment
What About You?
- You are a pragmatic and strategic thinker and communicator
- You have an engaging and open communication style
- You love bringing teams together and are focused on people and relationships
- You have a strong ethical compass and will consistently choose the right thing over the past of least resistance
- You are willing to challenge the status quo in service of continuous improvement
Benefits & Culture
At Zetron we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high-performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas.
Our office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC, and represents the best of west coast living. A stone’s throw from the ocean, we enjoy the charm of one of Victoria’s oldest neighbourhoods while being a walk away from the amenities of the downtown core.
As a full-time employee, you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- A Healthcare Spending Account
- A company matched retirement savings program
- A short-term incentive plan
- A training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level