Closing Date: August 31, 2022
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) is one of the largest asset managers in Canada. With $211.1 billion of managed assets, BCI invests globally on behalf of public sector clients. We do fulfilling and meaningful work that makes a difference: 630,000 pension plan beneficiaries and 2.5 million British Columbian workers depend on our clients’ returns. Ensuring their continued financial security is important to us.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity.
BCI is focused on building a culture of excellence through our people practices and employee led initiatives. Being named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers is recognition of BCI’s ongoing effort to be a progressive workplace of choice that continues to attract, retain and promote talent professionals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on the specialized skills and expertise of its people to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs.
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
We're looking for a Security Engineer to contribute to our growing security program! Make an impact in an expanding organization while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In this role, you will contribute to the development of security requirements and the design and implementation of security solutions. The team you will be joining is responsible for security processes, products, and projects with medium to high levels of complexity. You will collaborate closely with business partners in an Agile hybrid environment, enabling the effective and efficient delivery of secure, quality products. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your work.
We are excited to offer a way of working that provides flexibility in the workforce while maintaining operational readiness! By blending remote and in-office work, we are able to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that comes with working from home, and the collaboration, teamwork and sense of belonging that comes from working together face-to-face.
This work can be done from our Victoria or Vancouver office location, with travel between the two cities (paid for by BCI).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma or equivalent experience in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in technical roles, focused on information security processes, products, and projects
- Advanced knowledge and a keen interest to learn secure systems engineering
- Experience with securing cloud environments (MS Azure)
- Must have excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to assist with the implementation of programs and solutions to measure and sustain the security posture of large complex environments
- Experience with Agile methods (Scrum) and DevOps practices
- Professional certifications such as Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent experience is a definite asset.
Your skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. We strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Contributes to the development of new and innovative ways to solve existing production security issues as well as evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Assists in the development of technical security requirements for new products, tools and services envisioned for implementation at BCI
- Provides advanced input to help and guide projects during solution design phase
- Collaborates and coordinates with application, operations and product teams to provide guidance on the development of secure product designs that meet security requirements
- Conducts research and recommends security controls and procedures in business processes related to the use of information systems and assets, and monitors for compliance
- Ability to communicate complex security issues and develop security user stories in language that non-technical stake holders can understand
- Contributes with the delivery and test security solutions in alignment with industry security standards
- Responds to information security issues at each stage of a project’s lifecycle
- Proactively identify risks and issues and proposes solutions to remove barriers
- Performs validation and tuning of security testing tools to provide accurate and actionable results that drive improvements to BCI’s overall security posture
- Conducts security monitoring of solutions and participates as a subject matter expert in security incident response scenarios
- Ensures that all application and infrastructure solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with security standards and policies
- Assists with document designs as well as produce technical reports in support of security initiatives
BCI’s Technology department plans, provides, maintains, and supports business applications and information technology infrastructure. The Technology department is foundational to BCI - working as a strategic partner to provide technology that supports investment processes and all other business activities.
WHY WORK AT BCI?
BCI is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and has built programs and benefits to support our employees. As an employee of BCI you will have access to benefits such as:
- Extended health and dental coverage
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Participation in our defined benefit pension plan
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
BCI has previously enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the wellbeing of all employees. This policy is currently suspended and may be reinstated based on level of risk to BCI employees or Provincial Health Order requirements.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level